Ch.7

It was dawn and the gears in Y/n head has been turning for hours. She feels as if everything in her life at the moment is just a dream. A weird fever dream that will end as soon as she wakes up. Everything has changed and it seems that everything is ok. She smiles, she laughs, but every time she does this, she feels like she is lying. Like if she quits smiling, laughing, talking then Tony will leave her. Where will she go then? What will she do?

She looks around in this lavish room and can't help but feel a longing toward her own life. A simple and relatively poor life. A life where her and her mom would sit on the porch and paint, and watch the birds go by. They would gossip about people in hushed tones as if they were there listening. Now she's gone. She's gone and she has to adjust to someone who barely knows her. She has to change schools, she has to meet new people, she has to start new with a new family that had no clue she existed. tears fell silently from ger cheeks, as she got even further lost in thought.

An abrupt knock came from the door, she ran towards the bed and ran under the covers. She doesn't want Tony to see her like this. She doesn't want him to feel guilty, or even get mad that she is not grateful she is, it's just that she feels a little lost in the new world. The door opened silently, with a slight shuffling. The bed indented by her as a hand started to rub her shoulder. "Hey pipsqueak, it's time to wake up. The guys are here, and they would like to meet you." She mumbled an 'ok' without looking up at him.

"Pepper wanted to know if you had a preferencing schools?" 'My school.' she thought bitterly. She turned to him and gave him a half assed grin; one he saw right through. "No, I am sure I will like whatever she chooses." He nods, "Well come on down when you get dressed and we'll get breakfast. I got to a mission in a few hours, and I wanted to spend some time together till then. Sound cool?" He asks wrapping her in a hug, rocking her slightly. "Yeah, sounds cool." He nods again kissing her head and leaving her to get dressed.

As soon as he closes the door he asks "Jarvis?"

"Yes, sir?"

"How is she doing?"

"She has cried every night sir. It appears that Miss Stark is pretending to be happy around you and Miss Potts."

"I was kind of worried you would say that buddy. Call me if something happens no matter what kay?"

"Of course, sir."

Y/n got dressed and she went downstairs trying to appear as upbeat as possible. "Good morning." She greeted as she went into the kitchen stopping once she sees all of the Avengers sitting at the counter. They all stare at her in pique curiosity, and Tony sits there with a huge grin on his face. "Everyone this is Y/n, the daughter of yours truly. Y/n this is the team, I assume you know them."

"Yeah, hey nice to meet you all." She adds lowering her gaze feeling kind of like they are picking her apart by the seams. Captain America walks up towards and looks down as she looks up at his massive form. "Has anyone ever told you when you look at them like that you are insanely intimidating?" He breaks out in a laugh and smiles ear from ear. "Oh, never mind." She adds making the whole teams laugh or at least smile at the honest girl. "I'm Steve Rogers, nice to meet you." He says extending his hand. "I know; I've seen the detention video like thirty times. It's etched in my brain now."

"Detention huh?" "For fighting, apparently if you punch a guy for being a bully, you're the one in trouble."

Steve turns to Tony with a grin on his face, "I like her." Tony swells with pride. "I thought you might." Steve turns back to Y/n returning to his stoic stand. "Well, Y/n I will be training you very day after school. That way you stay in peak shape."

"A sixteen-year-old and a super soldier sounds fair to me."

"I'll go easy on you don't worry."

"Oh, I wasn't. Thank you."

She walks over to the fridge, and she pours some orange juice. Thor sits in the corner of the countering eating pop tarts as if they have gone extinct. "You're eating those cold?" He peers up at her, "yes what other way is there?" she shrugs looking into her juice, "The toaster." He looks at her skeptically and she silently takes one of his pop tarts and pops it in the toaster. He tries to speak but he brings her hand up to silence him. The toaster pops and she take it and puts it in his plate.

"Oh, my gods." He says simply. "Life changing right?"

"Your will be a valuable part of this team Y/n." Tony shushes him, but it was too late.

"Part of the team? You plan on making me part of the team!?" she turns to Tony, fuming.

"At some point when you're ready. You still have to be trained and everything. Look I know you can do this. Everything is going to be ok."

"I can't believe you! I don't want this, Tony!" "Don't call me that." '

"What?"

"I'm not Tony to you. That something you call a guy on the subway. I am your father."

"For like five minutes! Just because we share DNA does not mean that you're my father! I will not change my life for you!"

"Y/n-" Before he can reason she leaves the room and heads toward the front door. She walks out walking toward what she knows. She starts walking home.