𑄽୧ : 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒚-𝒐𝒏𝒆.

— showcase day! —

staff running around. minhyuk doing everything to make sure the juniors were safe when it came to security and stage props. fans squealing as they rushed to their seats and watched everything get set up.

trainees got ready in their individual outfits first, and everyone except minjun and seungyeon made their way backstage. the pair of best friends were still in the dressing room, sitting next to each other as their makeup got done.

jia sighed heavily whilst doing minjun's makeup, "oh minjun! can you stop trembling? you're making me nervous!"

"yes... then can i go to the bathroom?" minjun asked.

"go then," after he went she turned to seungyeon, "ah, what do i do with him? it's the tenth time he's going to the bathroom."

seungyeon sighed before her phone started ringing, quickly attending to it. "hello? yes, that's my grandmother," well, she was really minjun's grandmother but you get it. when seungyeon heard the news, her jaw dropped as she quickly stood up.

"hospital?! how badly hurt is she? yes, i'm going there now." the girl said, hanging up and deciding not to tell minjun since he'd get even more nervous. "jia noona, i'm heading out for a while. prepare minjun first." after that, the trainee quickly put her phone down and ran outside.

she flagged down a taxi, which haemin's car was behind. "oh, isn't that seungye- i mean, that pervert?" haemin said to himself. "where's he going? that showcase is starting soon."

"that's right," jihyun said.

when jihyun didn't move, haemin told him to catch up and follow her.

seungyeon finally reached the hospital and ran inside. haemin quickly jumped out of the car once it parked with his cap and sunglasses on, running after his hoobae.

"ah, where is oh boksoo located?" she asked the receptionist who pointed to the third bed. seungyeon quickly bowed and went up to her grandma.

"grandma! are you alright?" the elderly woman had her leg elevated with a cast on it.

"seungyeon-ah, why are you here? it's almost time for the showcase," she asked whilst putting her glasses on.

"i didn't want to shock minjun so i came without telling him. he was already trembling to death."

"but don't waste your time, go back to the showcas-"

"are you really okay?" seungyeon asked, touching the cast. "didn't you get into a motorbike accident?" she asked in a worried tone.

"the doctor said i'm fineee, just a slight crack! with my leg in this condition, i can't make it to the showcase. you better hurry back!"

seungyeon sighed as she bowed, "i'm sorry. i'll be back after the showcase."

"alright alright hurry and go." seungyeon quickly kissed her on her cheek and hands, rushing back. when she was walking past the waiting room, a hand suddenly grabbed her wrist and started running - causing her to run aswell.

"run!" haemin said.

"sunbaenim!"

"keep quiet and follow me."

all the trainees tried ringing her phone, but she left it in the dressing room, so no answer. they all had to start going in according to the lineup without seungyeon. junhyeon was first.

seungyeon sat in the car next to haemin, checking her watch and sighing. "ah! what should i do? the showcase must have started already."

"since you're worried, why did you come?" haemin scolded her.

the girl looked at him with a stank face, "what did you expect me to do?! my grandmother got hurt!"

"your grandmother?"

seungyeon looked down, "no... minjun's grandmother. it's the same as mine, we've lived together before when we were younger and we're close." after that, she politely asked jihyun to speed up.

seungyeon kept on squeezing her eyes shut and hitting her head, groaning.

"hey, just stay still. what's with all the sighing for?"

"if i screw this up sunbaenim, you would be happier wouldn't you?! then you can continue in 8turn just as you were and kick us all out."

haemin squinted his eyes, "what?"

"isn't it? i saw the interview. you won't leave 8turn and won't disappoint fans. you won't even welcome us substitutes will you?!"

haemin scoffed and turned to look at her, "yeah because that totally makes sense! i'd totally be happier without you at the company wouldn't i?!"

seungyeon crossed her arms and looked away. the two reached the venue and seungyeon quickly ran out, rushing to backstage.

"ah seungyeon! here you are!" juntaek exclaimed in relief, "it's your turn now!"

haemin came in and took his seat next to the ceo, bowing as he fixated his eyes on the stage where seungyeon was getting in position.

now playing: sugarcoat - natty of kiss of life.

| choreo reference: |
| https://youtu.be/E1p31YFhGaI |

ooh-ooh
yeah, yeah (gonna make you smile)

neul ppeonhan recipe chaghan aicheoleom
bandeushan A to Z gidaeman-eun never
it's just a puzzle piece, yeah
meosdaelo pandanhan nae moseub-i jeonbu-illi eobsjanhni

once seungyeon finished her performance, she received lots of cheers and haemin just smirked as he poked his tongue through his cheek, tilting his head. "she's good," he mumbled to himself, minhyuk grinning as he heard the compliment about his niece.