𑄽୧ : 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒚-𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏.

haemin drew out a drink from his fridge and chugged it down, thinking over what he just witnessed. "what's wrong with those two?" he muttered.

on the other hand, seungyeon laid awake at night, looking over at a sleeping minjun across the room, her mind reeling from witnessing haemin's kiss to minjun's confession.

after a few minutes of thought, the trainee headed out to convenience store nearby. but minjun wasn't asleep and instead, he followed her.

seungyeon was in a frenzy whilst slurping down her convenience store ramen and didn't know how to react at all. as she looked at herself in the reflection of the window, she realised she can probably never compete with inah looking like this anyway, so what's the point?

_______________________________

on the other hand hyundae, who was still in bed, went over sone of his old school photos eyes widening when he caught sight of seungyeon, complete makeup with long hair and a girly dress on.

"she surely can't get away with this," he said to himself, gripping his phone tighter by every counting second.

_______________________________

⏱️ : 8:30 am.
📍: seoul city mnh gym.

_______________________________

the next morning, haemin took it all out on the treadmill, whilst jihyun sat behind him and wondered if this was even okay for his health
the idol furiously muttered to himself: "those guys can live like that all they want, what's it to do with me?"

seungyeon, meanwhile, was practicing her vocals with inah - but it wasn't going well since she caught a cold. sometimes hee voice wouldn't come out and was too light, sometimes it was shaky, sometimes it cracked and it just didn't work out.

"can i take a minute to go to the bathroom?"

inah sighed at seungyeon's request, leaning back on her chair, "hurry up."

seungyeon bowed and hastily made her way to the bathroom. once there, she splashed some cold water on her face even though it wouldn't make a difference. whilst standing at the sink, she looked at herself in the reflection as she tried practicing in there a bit.

that was until hyundae walked in. upon seeing the other, he quickly headed out, telling seungyeon he'll come back later.

seungyeon tilted her head in confusion but just shook it off, drying her hands and leaving.

_______________________________

⏱️ : lunch.

_______________________________

as seungyeon left the canteen, she almost runs into haemin and excitedly raises her hand to greet him but stops when inah joins him. with a bow, she turns to leave but minjun comes and takes her away.

haemin sees this and swallows the lump of jealousy in his throat whilst inah whispered in his ear: "minjun and seungyeon look close, don't they? anyone would think they're a couple."

the idol lashed out angrily, "whatever they can be all lovey-dovey they want!"

seungyeon looked at the older and cleared her throat: "ehhh, no choice. from now on, i'll comfort you. when you need a friend, i'll be there."

the two smiled at each other and just sat there. as time passed, seungyeon got tired and yawned, resting her head against haemin's broad shoulder. the boy moved his head to look at her face, smiling as he lifted his hand to move a few pieces of her hair from her eyes whilst she was sleeping.

haemin remembered seungyeon's words about being friends, heading off angrily after freeing his arm from inah to meet team leader han and president minhyuk.

_______________________________

"haemin's appearances fees cost too much, perhaps we should cut them," team leader han suggested.

"it's reasonable if i'm popular in korea," haemin answered.

"yes but you have to understand haemin, higher appearance fees means less appearance-"

"just do whatever you want team leader han, you own the contract anyways," haemin said as he looked down - playing with his nails.

"also, be careful of scandals haemin," she just had to add in.

"why'd he be in any scandal? he's not involved with any women and there are rumors he likes men!" president minhyuk replied.

haemin quickly stood up and shouted out, "who's spouting such nonsense?" unsure of what to do, the 8turn member just quickly walked out with a deep sigh.

_______________________________

📍: mnh entertainment roof.

_______________________________

on the roof, haemin's practicing his mc script with his manager .when his manager sees seungyeon and minjun downstairs, he muttered: "they get along so well. they'll give in into the dating rumours."

that didn't calm haemin down who happened to witness a confession too so he jealously turns back to his script.

his manager, who didn't get the hint, carried on; "they even share a room together! god they could probably be stuck together at this point."

"shh!" haemin exclaimed, "people having nothing else to do except create rumours it seems."

when he looksback down, seungyeon is laughing at something minjun says as minjun puts his arm around her shoulders. haemin just threw his script to the ground in frustration.

_______________________________

in the lounge, minjun sat down while seungyeon agreed to bring them coffee. however, she tripped when the neighboring table's people move and minjun hastily catches seungyeon. after noticing her nervous laugh - he reminded her of his promise to take care of her.

"minjun, i don't wanna be selfish but... can't you just be ny friend like you were before? we've been friends for 15 years already. this time, i've lived protecting you and right now, things are changing too quickly for me."

"but, i want to be more than just your friend, the person to protect you and, your boyfriend. is that wrong?"

"no, it's not-"

minjun cut seungyeon off, "i've always been by your side and i thought i would always be number 1 but since you want to be next to someone else instead of me, someone else has become your number 1. it hurts a lot, it's so hurtful I can't even breathe."

"minjun, perhaps you should re-think if you like me as a woman or if you simply have these feelings because i made a new friend and your jealous."