35│His Grief

Third person Pov│ Security Department Of Kim & Co Headquarters Seoul

She sat with lips pinched, fingers drumming on the table with her pen. Her foot tapped out a staccato rhythm, betraying her inner turmoil.

Her expression tells the exhausted, tense, and barely holding it together. Creases on her forehead and dark circles under her eyes spoke of sleepless nights and worry.

With a deep breath, she grasped the papers, attempting to focus on their contents. However, her mind raced uncontrollably, consumed by fear and anxiety.

The weight of her actions from that morning lingered, as she had left him lying in bed without a word. The unresolved tension between them now wracked her nerves, making it impossible to concentrate.

Her mind wandered, consumed by thoughts of him. Is he doing okay? Is he missing her as deeply as she misses him? Did their confrontation leave him reeling, like it did her? Is he searching for her, trying to make amends? And most pressing of all, will he come back to her?

Lost in thoughts of him, she shut her eyes, letting the memories wash over her. But her reverie was short-lived, as the sudden opening of the door made her flinch.

Her friends burst into the room, shattering the silence and dragging her back to reality.

Lisa : Yn you fine!?

Jisoo : Aerin said, you were here yesterday for some important work!?

She sighed and nodded, acknowledging their concerned words.The gentle murmur of their voices and the soft touch of their hands on her shoulders offered a comforting embrace,

but the ache in her heart lingered, refusing to subside.

Yn : Yeah i had to check up some files!

Lisa : You should have call us Yn! But instead you are working yourself like this.

Jisoo : Did you even had your breakfast!?

Yn shook, made them scoff disbelief at her. Like how can she say, that she didn't had breakfast even after it's past noon.

Jisoo : Like seriously Yn!?

Yn : Ohh gosh jisoo I'm gonna have lunch soon.

Jisoo : Yet didn't had breakfast!!?

Before anyone could utter a word, a stylish and professional-looking woman strode into the room, her presence eliciting a chorus of frowns. Her cold, crisp voice cut through the tension.

Sara : Nice to meet you ma'am I'm Cho Sara, here to assist you Ms. Kang!

Three of the kang frown in confused, like three of them have same surname.

Jisoo : Which Kang!?

Sara : Ohh, i apologize. I mean Ms. Kang Yn.

Yn struggled to come to terms with the fact that she had an assistant, someone she hadn't even known existed. The revelation raised more questions than answers.