1. Abby

I felt something on my nose. Like something was crawling on it. Whatever it was, it was ruining my sleep. I brought my hand up to my nose to swipe whatever it was that was on my nose.

I felt something like foam splatter all over my face. What the hell? I hear laughter, causing me to open my eyes. My brother is standing over me, laughing, with a feather and a can of shaving cream in his hands.

"You fall for it every time. Either you're really stupid or I'm just that good." Matt says.

I sit up in bed and groan. What does a girl have to do around here to get some sleep. "Why are you in my room? Why are you even still here. Shouldn't you be headed back to college?" I ask.

I run a hand through my hair. I forgot that I have some of the shaving cream still in my hand, so I end up with shaving cream in my hair. Great.

"I'm leaving this afternoon. When you get home from school. That should answer your second question. As for the first, mom and dad told me to come wake you up for school. It's the first day, little sis." He says, ruffling my hair.

"You couldn't have tapped me on the shoulder or lightly nudged me?" I ask, swinging my legs out of bed.

"Nope. What kind of brother would I be if I did that?" He smirks.

"A nice one." I mutter.

"Aw, cheer up. It's your first day of senior year. You should be happy." He smiles, remembering his first day of senior year.

Unlike my brother, I'm not that cool or popular. When he was in school, everyone knew him and loved him. Some people couldn't even believe we were related. I could see why he was excited about senior year, but as for me, I couldn't be excited.

I'm a nobody. The school nerd. I only have two friends. Which I don't mind because they're pretty awesome, but senior year was nothing for me to be excited about. It would be just like my freshman, sophomore, and junior year.

"Why should I be? It's not like when I get there I'm going to be greeted with a ton of heys and what's up. I'm not popular or cool, remember?" I try to walk pass him, but he grabs my arm.

"Sit." He points towards my bed and I sit down.

"You choose to not be popular or cool. Play sports. You're one of the most athletic girls I know and you sit around reading books and doing homework. A waste of talent." He says and I roll my eyes.

"People would make fun of me if they saw me trying out for a sport. Imagine that. The school nerd trying out for softball or soccer." I say sarcastically.

"I have two words of advice for you. Fuck them. Do you think I worried about what people thought of me? Abby, this is your senior year. Do what you want because you want to and stop thinking about what people will say." He says.

I smile and bump his shoulder with mine. "Who knew my brother was smart and not just good at sports." I tease.

"Whatever. Get ready for school. That cute friend of yours is coming to pick you up." He smiles.

I know he is talking about my friend Alyssa, but I also have another friend, who is a guy, named Jake. I decide to go ahead and tease him.

"Are you calling Jake cute?" I ask with a smirk. His face lights up before he puts back on his cool demeanor.

"Oh, please. You know I was talking about Alyssa." He crosses his arms over his chest.

I shrug, "Just asking. Sometimes I question your sexuality."

He laughs, "Just ask the college girls at my school. They'll tell you I'm not gay."

I cover my ears. "Get out!" I yell.