29. Abby

"Coach is killing me." I say, rubbing icy hot on my legs.

Jordan and I are sitting on my bed, rubbing my muscles. Today was my fourth day of practice and Coach has been making us run non-stop. We haven't even touched the field yet, which we can't do until another week or so. Until then, we're conditioning. Running and lifting weights. I'll be looking like Jordan pretty soon if I keep this up.

"When the season starts, and you're able to run like me; you'll be thanking him." He smiles, rubbing my legs.

I wince when he rubs at a real sore spot. "That hurts so much, but feels so good." I say.

"You have really sexy legs." He smirks at me.

I roll my eyes, "I wish. They're hideous."

"You doubt yourself too much, Midget. I wish you could see yourself through my eyes." He's getting serious now.

Jordan hates when I doubt how beautiful I am. Honestly, I don't believe that I am ugly. I feel that I look decent, but the way Jordan describes me sometimes is just crazy. He acts like I'm some beautiful girl from one of the novels I've read.

"I'm serious, Midget. You're beautiful." He says, looking at me now.

I look down at my legs and shake my head. "I'm not beautiful, Jordan. All the girls you've ever messed around with are beautiful. They all look like models and then there is me. Plain and ordinary."

He shuffles a little and I can tell he's moving off the bed. He stands up and reaches his hand out for me.

"What are you doing?" I question.

His hand is still outstretched, "Just get off the bed."

I place my hand in his and get off the bed. He pulls out his phone and starts to tap and scroll. He clicks on something and places his phone down on my nightstand. Music begins to play and I recognize the song immediately. Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars. I smile slightly to myself and Jordan pulls me close to him. I remember Jordan playing this song for me once.

"I would sing it to you, but I don't sound as good as Bruno." He smiles.

I rest my head on his chest and listen to his heart beat. It's my favorite thing to listen to. The rhythm of his heart calms me.

"The guys and I are planning a trip soon. It's the week of spring break. Troy's parents are letting us go to the beach house and I was wondering if you wanted to come? You, Alyssa, and Jake are invited." He says.

I look up at him. "Yeah. I would love to go." I smile.

"Good, because I wasn't going to take no for an answer. It'll be two weeks before prom, so I figured you and Alyssa could probably go shopping for a dress and the guys and I could go try and find a suit." He starts to ramble and I can't help but think he's nervous about something.

"Are you okay?" I ask, humor clear in my voice.

"Yeah. I just want things to be perfect when we go there." He says.

"They will be. As long as I have you there with me." I say.

He smiles at me before kissing me on the forehead. Jordan means the world to me. The love I feel for him is so deep. It literally suffocates me sometimes, but in a good way. I want Jordan to be my first. I can't think of anyone else I'd rather share that experience with for the first time. I've made my mind up. Spring break, I'm going to lose my virginity to Jordan.

~~~~

It's Friday, which means today we get out of practice early. Or should I say conditioning. I walk down the hall of the school and take a deep breath. This is my last year here. In a few more months, I'll be graduating. I've decided I wanted to go to New York University. It's always been my dream to go there and I just feel like it's what I want and need to do. The only thing wrong with that is, what if Jordan doesn't want to go there. We haven't even discussed college with each other yet. I know Jordan is going to school to play football, so he's not going to settle at just any school.