23. Abby

Jordan and I are both in the library doing our history project. This our last week of school before we get out for Thanksgiving and I'm counting down the days. Everyone has decided we would go to Jordan's house, which is crazy because I don't know how he'll fit everyone at a table. Maybe we'll have Thanksgiving outside or something. That would be weird. A Thanksgiving outside. I'm pulled from my thoughts when Jordan sits back down at the table.

"Did you know they charge twenty five cents to print something in here?" He asks.

"Yeah. Maybe if you came to the library more often you would know that too." I smirk.

"Whatever. Whether I knew it or not, that's still a ridiculous price." He snorts.

I roll my eyes. "Anyways, how is Daniel doing?"

"He's pretty bummed out about having to live with his dad. He still doesn't know why he has to, other than the reason his father wants to build a relationship with him and Naomi." He says.

"Are they going to be at your house for Thanksgiving?" I ask.

He slaps his hand against his forehead. "I forgot all about the fact his dad would have to come and his mom. That's going to be extremely awkward."

"Maybe it won't. They've been communicating every since he came back." I try and soothe him.

"Only because it has something to do with Daniel and Naomi. What if they can't be civilized or something? This is going to be a disaster. I know it." He drops his head into his arms.

I grab his arms, causing him to lift his head back up. He stares at me, waiting to hear what I have to say.

"I'm sure everything will be okay. They won't even have to sit by each other or communicate. She'll have your mom, Troy's mom, and Ryan's mom to talk to; and your dad will have Troy's dad, Ryan's dad, and your dad." I say.

"As if. Our parents don't exactly like him, Midget. I mean, they would be polite to him and make him feel welcome, just because it's the nice thing to do, but Troy and Ryan on the other hand would want to punch him in the face the whole time." He says.

"Well, we'll just have to make sure that they won't do that. We'll have you, Jake, and my brother to stop them if they do." I tell him.

"Wait, Matt is coming home for Thanksgiving?" He asks.

"Yes, of course. Why wouldn't he?" I raise an eyebrow.

Jordan smiles excited, "This is great. He might be able to give me some pointers for the championship game."
"Who says you guys are going to even make it to the championship game?" I smirk.

He laughs, "Good one, Midget. We're undefeated. Just remember that."

I roll my eyes at his cockiness. I start to tell Jordan what to write down, so that later on we can type our page up. We're doing a persuasive speech. We're going up against Ryan and some girl named Samantha. Our persuasive speech is about should uniforms be mandatory for students. Mr. Buttule told us we had to be for the uniforms being mandatory for students, even though we're against it. It's much harder to write your speech about something you don't even believe in.

The bell rings and we both gather our stuff together. We throw away our drinks and food we brought in here on our way out so the librarian won't fuss us out whenever we come back. Instead of having lunch in the cafeteria, we came in here and had it so that we could work on our project a little.

"I was thinking we could do a PowerPoint instead of just reading it off a paper. It would be much more interesting." Jordan suggests.

I nod my head, "I'm cool with that. I can come over today after your practice and we can work on it."