14. Abby

"He said all that to you?" I ask. I'm sitting at a booth with Jordan, eating strawberry ice cream. He just got through telling me everything that happened between him and Stephen.

After my break down session at the fair, Jordan drove me back home. Troy and Ryan caught a ride with someone from the football team they saw at the fair and Stephen went home when he realized I wasn't going to answer his calls or texts. I haven't called or texted him back yet and I know I should, but I just can't bring myself to do it. Especially after what Jordan just told me.

I'm not just mad at Stephen. I'm mad at Jordan for saying stuff like that to Stephen too. It wasn't as bad as what Stephen said, but still they shouldn't be trying to push each other's buttons all the time by using me to get to one another.

I don't know what to say and Jordan is waiting for my response. I see Stephen differently now. The person I thought he was would never say something like that to anyone. Not even a person he hates.

"Abby, can you say something? Your silence is scaring me." Jordan breaks the silence and places a hand on top of mine. The action sends electricity through my body.

"What do you want me to say, Jordan? That I'm mad at you? That I'm mad at him? That both of you are being childish? Because both of you are just that. Childish." I say.

Jordan's face twists from confusion to anger. "Hold up, he came at me first. He got mad at me because I told the truth and then he talked about my parents! I think my actions were justified!"

"It's a better way to handle things than practically telling him I wanted you instead of him. That just puts doubts in his head and makes our relationship harder!" I say.

Jordan rolls his eyes and lets out a humorless laugh. "Are you kidding? You're fussing me out when he obviously was the one in the wrong. Then again, I'm Jordan. It's easier to blame everything on me because I'm the fuck up."

He stands up and walks out of the restaurant. I get up and chase after him. I wouldn't be following him if it weren't for the fact he was my ride. I grab his arm and he turns around to face me. His face is red and he's mad.

"Jordan, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to put the blame all on you. It isn't your fault. All I'm saying is I wish you two would stop using me to piss each other off. It makes me feel like I'm only important when one of you need to use me to make the other one mad." I say.

He steps closer and touches my face. I lean my face into his touch and close my eyes. "Midget, I never meant to make you feel that way. I just want you to know I'm not the bad guy here. I'm not even trying to say he's the bad guy, but you should realize we aren't too different from each other."

I open my eyes and look into his. "I don't even know if I can face him. What am I going to say to him? I feel like I don't even know him anymore. This side of Stephen scares me. It reminds me of..." I don't finish the sentence, but Jordan does.

"... Reminds you of me?" He isn't really putting it as a question because he already knows the answer to it.

"You said it yourself. You two aren't that different from each other." I say.

"Yeah, but I would never talk about someone's dead parents just to get them mad. Never." Then he walks off to his car.

I sigh and follow in his footsteps. I get into the car and buckle my seat belt. I expect him to say something, but he doesn't. He just starts the car and heads for my house.

My phone starts to ring in my back pocket and I grab it to see who's calling me. A picture of Stephen and me shows up on my phone and I stare at it. I want to answer it, but I don't know what to say. There's so much to talk about. Not just him and Jordan, but the whole me running off crying at the fair and not responding to his I love you. He's probably worried and scared because I won't talk to him, but I need time to gather my thoughts.