32. Abby

The bell has just rung and I'm going to my locker. It's the end of the day and also the beginning of spring break. I can hardly contain my excitement right now. I start to put my things in my locker when I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I start to smile to myself before turning away.

"Hey, handsome." I smile.

"Hey, beautiful." He smiles, kissing me quickly.

I close my locker and he takes my hand in his. "Spring break has officially started. I have everything planned out." We begin to walk down the hall and out the front door of the school.

"Great. Alyssa and I are having some girl time together today and then we'll head to Troy's house later on tonight. We're still leaving in the morning right?" I ask.

"Yes, ma'am. Don't forget to bring a dress and a swimsuit. I'll see you later on tonight, Midget." He kisses me on the cheek before heading over to his car.

I shake my head, smiling at him before getting in my car. Alyssa thinks we should go to the spa today and get ourselves ready for the amazing week we're about to have. I guess I should also stop by the mall and get a new dress and some swimsuits. I stop outside of Alyssa's house and go up to the front door, knocking on it. Alyssa's mom opens the door with a wide smile.

"Abby, come in. It's been a while since I've seen you." She opens the door wider, allowing me to come in.

"Hey, Mrs. McCord. How have you been?" I ask, being polite.

"I've been great. I can't believe that you and Alyssa will be going off to college this year." She starts to sniff and I begin to feel awkward.

I walk over and hug her because that seems like the right thing to do. Alyssa's mom has always been a very emotional person and she cries over the smallest of things, but she's always treated me like a second daughter.

"Aw, Mrs. McCord. Don't cry." I pat her on the back and mentally wish that Alyssa would hurry up and come out. She probably doesn't even know I'm here.

We pull apart and Mrs. McCord wipes her eyes. "Let me get Alyssa for you." She says, disappearing and confirming my thoughts.

A few minutes later, Alyssa comes out with her hair tied into a pony tail, wearing a red crop top tank and keepers stone boyfriend shorts. I remember her buying the shorts at the mall because they cost sixty four dollars, but Alyssa claimed she just had to have them.

"Oh my God. I'm so sorry I had you waiting with my mom. She didn't cry, did she?" She asks.

"Um, she might have shed a tear or two." I tell her.

She looks embarrassed and she grabs the sandals that are laying beside the couch. She puts them on and sighs.

"She's been really emotional. Prom is the Saturday we come back to school and then a few weeks after that it's graduation. She's been sending out invitations to my family, so it's making her super emotional." She explains.

I nod my head, "Got cha. She'll be okay, right?"

"Yeah. Let's just hurry up and leave before she breaks out the baby pictures of me." I laugh and she drags me out of the house.

We get into my car and take off towards the spa. Alyssa turns up the music and starts to rock along to some new Ariana Grande song.

"So, I was wondering if we could stop by the mall after coming from the spa. Jordan told me to get a dress and a swimsuit, so I need to stop by that dress store in the mall." I tell her.

"A dress? Sounds like he has a romantic night planned for you two." I look over at her and she's wiggling her eyebrows.

I blush, "Whatever. I don't think he plans on doing anything romantic the first couple of nights. The guys have been talking about going out to parties and stuff, so I'm sure he's going to surprise me when I least expect it."