13. Abby

Jordan is coming to get me in a few minutes. He told me about how the fair was coming into town and it got me all excited. I would go all the time with Alyssa and Jake. I told Stephen about it and he offered to take me there, but I told him I was going with Jordan already. He seemed upset about it, but let it go and said he would meet me there.

I apply some red lipstick to my lips and smack my lips together. I've been getting better with doing my hair, makeup, and getting dressed. I'm pretty proud of myself. I no longer need Alyssa to help me get dressed anymore. Well, sometimes I ask her opinion on things.

I had on a black dress with small white polka dots on it along with a denim jacket thrown over it and brown leather ankle boots. My hair was curled and I thought I looked good.

The door bell rung downstairs and I raced down to go open the door. I opened the door to find a smirking Jordan. My mouth dropped open when I saw him. He looked so sexy. But then again, Jordan always looks good.

"Looking good, Midget. Getting dressed up for me?" He winked.

I rolled my eyes. "Psh, please. I get dressed up for myself. Not for you." I smile and close the door behind me.

We start to walk towards his car and we both get in. "I hope you don't mind, but I invited Troy and Ryan. Daniel had to work so he won't be coming tonight." He says.

I shrug, "I don't mind." I tell him.

He smirks at me and turns on the radio. The song sweater weather by the Neighborhood starts to play.

"Good because they're riding with us." He starts the car and we take off towards Troy's house. I remember the way to it.

I think about how this is going to turn out. I show up with the guys Stephen hates, and they see me meeting up with Stephen. Maybe I should mention it to Jordan so there won't be any surprises.

"Um, Jordan?" I say. He takes a quick glance at me and then turns down the radio a bit so that he can hear me.

I let out a nervous laugh and scratch the back of my neck. A habit I've picked up from Jake.

"Um, Stephen is going to be at the fair tonight. We're actually supposed to be meeting up there." I say.

I watch his reaction and it's exactly what I expected it to be. His jaw clenches and his knuckles turn white because he's gripping the steering wheel so hard.

"Abby, what part of don't make plans with Stephen did you not get? I wanted to spend tonight alone with you." He says through gritted teeth.

I knew he would be mad, but not this mad. It seems like his hatred for Stephen has increased.

"Um, it just kind of slipped? Besides, he was making plans to come anyway, so we would have run into him anyway." His expression is still the same.

"Well, whenever you're not around him come find me because I refuse to hang around him tonight." He mumbles.

"Did something happen between you two? You usually don't care about Stephen and me hanging out together." I ask.

"You already know what happened between us." He doesn't look at me when he says this.

I narrow my eyes at him. "Well, a few weeks ago, it seemed like you were over it and that you could potentially be friends with him and now it seems like you want to kill him."

His face turns bright red and his eyes become distant, like he's thinking about something. He starts to drive into the other lane and my eyes go wide.