36. Abby

Things between Jordan and I are perfect. I was a little apprehensive that after we slept together, that he would distance himself from me. But instead, he's been spending more time with me. He's always sending me sweet messages, calling me when I least expect it, and picking me up to go wherever after school. Prom had got pushed back to the next week instead of this week. People weren't ready and prom wasn't ready. I'm kind of glad because I still haven't gotten a dress yet.

"Hey, there, beautiful." Jordan kisses me on the cheek before sitting down at our usual table.

"Hey. Where have you been?" I ask.

"Buying our tickets to prom. I don't see what's the big deal. I think we should just spend the night indoors; if you know what I mean." He wiggles his eyebrows and I push him lightly, laughing.

Jordan and I have done it again since spring break. It was much better than my first time, which hurt like hell. It still hurt slightly, but it became enjoyable after a while.

"We are not missing prom. I have to go pick up my dress today that I already paid for. Plus, Alyssa would kill me because I didn't go last year." I say.

"You know, Midget, you could have gone with a better color. Blue doesn't really look good on me." He smirks.

I roll my eyes because it's a lie. "Jordan, you can pull off anything. Stop fishing for compliments."

He laughs at me. "Wow, Midget. Telling me off? Kind of a turn on." He winks and I blush.

Only Jordan can manage to turn me into a red tomato. I look around the table, watching Daniel, Alyssa, and Jake having an argument over the meatloaf the school is serving. Ryan and Troy are talking, but I can't hear what they're saying. I think Troy and Jordan are arguing. They haven't talked to each other since we got back from spring break and whenever I ask Jordan about it, he says that Troy is an asshole. My eyes move over to Virginia and her barbies. She's been strangely acting nice to me. Like on the team. Our team had our last game last week. We didn't make it to the championship, which sucked, but we held our heads high. Virginia actually came over to Alyssa and me and comforted us.

She smiles at me and waves at me. I return the gesture, giving her a small smile. I guess people do change. I would even like to think that Virginia and I could be friends one day.

"Midget, did you hear me?" Jordan waves his hand in front of my face, breaking me from my thoughts.

I blink rapidly. "No, sorry. What did you say?" I ask.

"My parents texted me and asked if you wanted to come over for dinner tonight?" He asks.

"Yeah. That'd be nice." I smile.

Mrs. Collins belly is starting to show and she's really happy about it. She's really excited about the pregnancy, but so is everyone else. It's going to be a girl and Jordan's really excited about it. They don't know what they're going to name her, yet, but Alyssa and I have been helping with baby names.

The bell rings and I throw my lunch tray away. Jordan grabs my hand and we walk to our Spanish class together. Although I sit by Stephen in this class, he doesn't talk to me anymore. I don't know if he's upset with me or he just needs his space. I hadn't realized how much I missed him until I couldn't talk to him anymore. I sit down in my chair and try to focus on whatever the Spanish teacher is saying.

~~~~

"Jordan is going to love that dress on you." Alyssa smiles when I show her the dress.

We had just come from the store, picking up my dress. The dress is a royal blue color. It's strapless and it comes about three inches above the knee. It has a few designs on the front, something like crystals which makes it not so plain. It is absolutely beautiful and I knew I had to get it when I saw it.