15. Abby

"Abby, wake up!" I heard clapping and snapping. My eyes slowly started to open. I saw my mom and dad standing in front of me.

I looked to my side to see Jake snoring on one side of me and Alyssa drooling on the other side of me. I shook both of them and then reached under me to grab my phone. It was 6:50. If I don't get up now I'll be late for school.
"We need to talk to you. We came home last night to find you guys asleep here on the couch. That's not why you're in trouble. Your father comes in here to make breakfast for you guys and he finds two bottles of vodka in the kitchen. Care to explain." My mom says.

I snap my head towards Jake, who is looking just as shocked and scared as I am. "I thought you cleaned up." I say.

"I thought he took it with him. I just cleaned the pizza and cups up." He says, still looking at my parents.

I turn my head back towards them and plaster an innocent smile on my face. "Mom, I can explain. We had some friends over yesterday and they brought over that stuff. We weren't drinking, but they were." I say.

"Do you expect me to believe that? I'm taking away your car for the next two weeks. I'll drive you to school or you can catch a ride with Alyssa." She says.

"Mom! I just got my car. Please, just let me off with a warning or something. I really need my car. Please." I give her the puppy dog eyes and poke my bottom lip out.

She rolls her eyes. "Fine, but next time I won't be so forgiving. Now get ready for school." She says.

I smile and kiss her and my dad on the cheek. I grab Alyssa's hand and we run upstairs to get ready for school. I'm glad I picked out my outfit the night before. I run a brush through my hair a few times and Alyssa does the same.

"Are you nervous about today? Seeing Stephen and Jordan." She asks.

I push my books into my backpack and put my phone in my back pocket. "I haven't really thought about it. Jordan is probably mad at me and Stephen is probably thinking about dumping me. I don't know what to do." I tell her.

"Well, good thing I'm still here. We'll walk into that school with our heads held high. I'm going to be right there by your side." She smiles.

I smile and walk over to her. I hug her tight like she'll disappear if I let go. "I love you so much." I whisper.

"I love you too. Now let's get off to school." She says.

We head downstairs and grab a piece of bacon before leaving the house. Jake gets in the car with me and we follow behind Alyssa. I think about Stephen and Jordan. I think about the look Jordan gave me when I took Stephen's hand and went upstairs. I think about how Stephen knows I like Jordan too, but the question is who do I want more? I can't keep denying the feelings I have for Jordan, but they scare me. I'm scared that if I fall for Jordan, he won't be there to catch me.

We pull into the parking lot of the school and park in our usual spots. We get out and head into the school together. Jake pats my shoulder and gives me a reassuring smile. I look to Alyssa and she gives me the same smile. We head for my locker and I see Stephen, leaning up against my locker, waiting for me.

I stop in the hallway and turn to Jake and Alyssa. "Guys, I need to go over there alone." I say.

They nod their heads and hug me. I wave goodbye to them before continuing my walk towards my locker. He looks up when I get near and smiles at me. It seems like a forced smile. We stand there awkwardly in front of each other and when I go to speak, he speaks at the same time.

I laugh nervously. "You first." I say. He smiles and rubs the back of his neck. He seems nervous and I can't help, but think he's going to break up with me.