3 - 𝘔𝘦𝘢𝘯

*MATTHEO'S POV*

I don't hate her. I find her annoying, yes but it's not hatred i feel for her. Everyone thinks i hate her, but i don't i guess it's just a mild dislike. I don't know how to explain it. It's all too confusing for me so i push down my feelings and just act like i hate her more than i actually do.

We're all in the Great Hall, having breakfast and of course Emma is sitting right in front of me. I can see her rolling her tounge inside of her mouth trying to eat her food without looking over at me.

I stare at her absolutely loving how uncomfortable she's feeling. She takes a glace at me and notices that i was already staring. I chuckle just to annoy her more and she rolls her eyes. That eye roll, I love it. It does things to me. "It's rude to stare" she states while getting up from her seat. "Me? I wasn't staring, princess". She doesn't bother replying and leaves with Pansy. She's cute when she's angry.

I don't finish my breakfast, i head straight to potions.

Oh fuck, we had to do a project over the summer and i didn't do shit. Snape isn't going to be happy about this, i'm probably going to have detention for the rest of the week. That's fun.

I sit down on my seat and wait for the professor to come.

A few people start doing their presentations and honestly i'm just daydreaming and waiting for this boring class to be over. "Emma Nott you're up next" Snape announces. Oh i so need to see this.

She starts talking and i don't understand a word of what she's saying. I'm bored, so what's better than to have a little fun?

I lean back on my chair and start coughing and blurting out things like "Boring", "Nerd". I can see her filling with anger while the whole classroom snickers. I didn't mean to get the whole classroom in on this but god is it entertaining. I see Draco telling me to cut it out from the other side of the room, but i decide to ignore him and keep going.

"You can sit back down Emma" Snape says clearly annoyed with all of us. He comes up to my table "Mattheo, how about you do your presentation next?" Great, let's see how long i'll get detention for. "I didn't do your project", he nods, clearly knowing what my answer was going to be. "Okay, detention for 2 weeks Mr. Riddle". I scoff at him before class gets dismissed.

I was going to head to the common room. That plan was ruined when Emma tugs my arm and leads me to the astronomy tower.

"What the fuck Mattheo, you humilated me in front of everyone, i know you're mean but i didn't know you could go this low". I can see some sort of hurt in her eyes. It was just a harmless joke I didn't mean to get the whole class in on it, i would never do that to her. You're such a dick. "It's funny you think i care, i did the class a favor by not having to listen to your stupid presentation".

She slaps her hand across my face. "Go to hell Riddle." Damn, that was hot. I stare at her with my eyebrows raised. Wow i really didn't think the sweet girl would have it in her to hit someone. I guess i underestimated her. She scurries off, i think even she didn't know she had it in her. It weird actually, she hit me but it felt like a kiss.