17 - 𝘔𝘺 𝘛𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘙𝘪𝘤𝘰𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘵

*MATTHEO'S POV*

I get home pretty late, around four am or so. I don't expect to find Emma in my bed. I crawl in next to her, quietly, hoping she doesn't wake up. She does, and checks the alarm on the nightstand. Shit. She is going to wonder why I just got back at this hour. I don't want her to know.

I was with my father. I replay what happened a million times in my head, and I can't stop it.

I enter the Malfoy Manor, the place where all the death eaters have their meetings, the ones I attend. I thought it was only going to be my father and I but to my surprise, everyone was there.

My father commands me to sit down, I do as he says, his gaze only on me. "So, I heard you got a girlfriend, is that so?" I bow my head down. "Yes, father" he lets out a laugh. "She makes you weak son, get rid of her immediately" no no no. I stand up and slam my fists against the wooden table. "What no you can't-" he doesn't let me finish. I'm not leaving her, I don't care what he says.

"But that's now why I called you here" great, let's see what bullshit idea he has now. "It has come to my attention that the famous Harry Potter, has tried to destroy the last of my Horcruxes" I never would have expected what he says next. "I'm going to start a battle in Hogwarts"

Little gasps fill the silence in the room. I look over at Draco who I haven't glanced at once in the entire time I've been here. His expression is emotionless but I can see right through that act.

I have my fist closed and my jaw clenched as I try not to make a scene. I struggle and try to divert my mind elsewhere until we can finally leave.

Once we do I soon break, a few tears leave my eyes and flow down my cheeks, I wipe them, toughening up as the word "weak" seeps into my brain.

I don't know what to do or where to go anymore. I'm not breaking up with Emma, she means the world to me, and this battle, if he does go through with it, we are all in for a hell of a time.

Emma and I have just gotten together, it's all I ever hoped for, i get a chance to enjoy life but as always my father has to ruin it.

I swear to not tell Emma, I can't bare to see her worried, I don't want her to panic. Everything is going to work out, she'll be safe. I'll make sure of it. For her.

Now I lay in bed next to her, scared of what the future may hold for us. I don't know what will happen but I'll always be here to protect her and she needs to know that.

She has been moving around for hours, she can't fall asleep. "Relax princess I'm here, close your eyes it's all going to be alright."

I'm lying. Nothing is going to be alright.