16 - 𝘕𝘦𝘸 𝘙𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘴

*EMMA'S POV*

Mattheo and I, dating? I could have never imagined this would be possible.

He told me he loved me. The boy with the cold heart, incapable of emotions and much less love, told me he loved me. Me. Emma Nott.

I can't tell if I'm dreaming or if this is actually real, I have to pinch myself a few times.

I can't explain where all my love for him came from, it all happened far too quick. All I know is that I'm the happiest version of myself when I'm around him. I don't care how complicated things
may get between us, our relationship is new but where ever life will take us, I'm sure I'll always want him.

Now is when the not so fun part starts. Telling Theodore. I really don't know how he will react to this.

I whine at the thought but still force myself to go and find him. I ask around and soon find out he is in the common room.

I brace myself before entering and telling Theodore to come with me. He rolls his eyes and puts out his cigarette as he follows behind. I lead him to an empty table, away from everyone, so it's more private. I don't need all the Slytherins knowing just yet.

"I need to tell you something" I state nervously. "Come on Emma, spit it out" he snaps back, clearly not wanting to have a conversation with me, he wants to hang out with his friends. "Mattheo and I are sort of a couple" I look away not wanting to see his expression. "As in Mattheo my best friend?" I look back at him and nod, his face drops.

"Are you mad I-" he cuts me off mid sentence. "No I just need some time to process it, that's all" I don't fully buy it but I decide to take his word. "Thanks Theo" it wasn't as bad as it could have been. "Of course I'll always be supportive of your decisions but if he hurts you, he wont live to see another day" he says, I know he's serious. Theodore is very protective over those he loves. "And don't keep him all to yourself, you hear me?" he chuckles before getting up.

It doesn't take long before the whole friend group finds out. Theodore told them all, he can't keep anything to himself. He did me a favor though, I can spare the effort of telling them myself.

Most of them are in shock, but encouraging, none of the less. Especially Pansy. She's my best friend for a reason.

I now make my way to my boyfriends dorm. It's weird calling him that but I'll get used to it. He isn't in here, it's fine, he gave me a spare key just in case.

I go inside and lay down on his bed. I don't realize how sleepy i am before my eyes gradually start to close and tiredness washes over me.

I hear the front door close then I feel someone get into bed next to me. I make out who it is just by the scent. Mattheo. I didn't even remember I was in his room.

I look at the alarm clock next to me thinking it would still be early on in the night. To my surprise it's four in the morning.

What has he been doing this late? Weird.