10 - 𝘓𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘚𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘚𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘵

*EMMA'S POV*

I'm not fully convinced that Mattheo didn't do it. It sure does sound like something he would do. But i'll talk to Cedric.

We meet up, this time in the garden. I'm a little more uncomfortable around him since i don't know what to believe. "Is it true? Did you actually fake that you broke your arm?" Please say no. "No, i told you Mattheo did it." He's lying. I can tell. He isn't looking me in the eyes. He's nervous. "Don't lie Cedric."

"Fine, maybe I did but i just wanted you to see he's bad for you Emma, you shouldn't hang around with those types of people." I can't believe i actually fell for it. "I think I can very well determine the right type of people thanks."

Long story short, I officially hate Cedric. I turn around on one heel and storm off. I don't know why I didn't believe Mattheo, I mean can you blame me though, he beat up that guy at the party, he most definitely could have broke Cedrics arm too.

I have to  apologize to Mattheo, I was a total prick to him yesterday and he didn't even do anything.

I roam Hogwarts, trying to find him, I eventually spot him in the library, reading a book.

I hate admitting i'm wrong but i know i have to. "Sorry for not believing you" He sets his book aside and looks up at me. "It's fine." An awkward silence fills the space between us. "Is that all?" he questions. No, that's not all. "Can we be friends again?" i ask in between breaths. "Sure, princess" he teases looking up and down with a small smirk on his face.

I love it when he calls me that. I get butterflies. It's just a natural reaction, I think.

I'm too embarrassed to be in his presence any longer. I flash back a smile, leaving the library. I don't know where to go from here.

I decide to go to the common room, some of my friends bound to be there. They aren't. I find it strange. They spend half of their time in that room. It's fine, i'll just think of something else to do. It's almost night time anyways.

I go up to the top of the tower for a while. Just to relax a bit. The cool breeze feels amazing. And the stars look so beautiful tonight.

As i'm here, alone, all i can think about is Mattheo. Maybe he can be a good friend. Maybe we can actually get along. If you would have told me this a few months ago I would have laughed in your face.

I'm also thinking about the kiss, how i would love to repeat that. I shouldn't, but it was addictive. It was one of those moments were you never want it to end.

But until then, friends is far more than enough for me. I lost a friend today, but I made a new one.

After a few hours, I pass the hallways, trying to make my way to bed, when i hear some faint noises in the distance.

Muffled cries.