19 - 𝘏𝘢𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥

*MATTHEO'S POV*

When I first met Emma, I never would have imagined she would be this important to me. But she is and I never want to lose her. She means everything to me.

People say you can't love someone until you love yourself. I like to believe that they are wrong. I am who I am because of her, she showed me the light, she showed me how to love myself when I couldn't.

I hadn't heard from my father in over three weeks. I ignored his command and stayed with Emma, I can't leave her, she is a part of me. I thought that this battle would be one of his idiotic ideas and that he'd realize how insane it is. I was mistaken.

All of Hogwarts is talking about my father. It isn't the most pleasant feeling. I am haunted by him everywhere I go. They are saying that he is going to attack the school, no one knows when but they assume that it's going to be soon and we should get ready to strike back.

Students give me dirty looks as I walk to my classes, they think I have something to do with it. People are quick to assume.

Everyone is asking me if I know anything about it. I ignore all of the questions, not going to satisfy them with an answer, except for one person, Emma.

"Mattheo do you know something about this? The whole school is saying the death eaters are going to attack us" her voice breaks slightly in the back of her throat. I start talking before my brain even has time to process it, "Shit Emma I should have told you sooner I'm so sorry I promise nothing is going to happen to you" her eyes fill with worry as she walks off, not wanting to look back at me.

"Great going Mattheo" says Theodore behind me, standing next to Draco. "Leave me alone" I snap back placing my face in the palm of my hands.

I fucked up. I know I should have told her. But I didn't want her to panic. I didn't think it would actually go this far. This is going to be one hell of a fight.

I don't know what side I'm on. If I betray the death eaters and fight with the school, I'm going to be the main target to them. If I fight with the death eaters, I betray Emma. And I can't betray Emma.

I want to go after her, tell her it's okay, she isn't going to get hurt, but I can't be sure of that, and it's killing me.

That's when I hear the first scream echo throughout the entirety of Hogwarts.