18 - 𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘌𝘮𝘮𝘢 𝘍𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘴 𝘐𝘯 𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦

*EMMA'S POV*

It's been almost a month since Mattheo and I got together. He has acted a bit off since that night he came home late but he has still been the best boyfriend a girl could ever ask for. He has been nothing but perfect.

I have fallen so hard for this boy. He makes me feel things that no one else can. He showed me colors I can't see with anyone else. I am so grateful for that. I love him so much.

Love, such a strong word. I know I love Mattheo but the words don't come out as easily as they do to him, so I have never told him. I also want it to be a special moment.

Our friends group is so supportive of us, always telling us how cute we are together, they aren't wrong, I agree. Though the whole school is filled with rumors about us and our relationship but we block them out, it doesn't matter what people say as long as we are both happy, I have to admit, sometimes I do need some reassurance.

Today, we are going to watch the fireworks with the group, a nice evening. I forgot to mention, Blaise and Pansy have finally gotten together, it was about time, I was getting sick of their cluelessness.

Time flies by and it's almost time to watch the fireworks, we all go to the roof, alcohol bottles in hand, of course.

I don't notice I'm shivering until Mattheo sits down next to me and offers his jacket. "Take this princess, you're freezing" he drapes it over me before I have time to reply. I am much warmer now.

I get startled once the first bang of the firework releases. Mattheo puts his arm around me and makes little circles with his finger on my shoulder.

I admire the lovely sparks in the sky, blocking out everyone else around us and take in the peaceful moment, here, both of us, not saying a word, but the love is loud enough to fill in the silence.

I look over at Mattheo, his eyes already locked on mine. "You look so beautiful tonight" he really knows how to make a girl blush. I hit his arm playfully, "Stop looking at me you're missing the view" I reply. "There is no view more beautiful that you" the flush on my cheeks grows.

As midnight rolls around, I fall asleep on his shoulder and he carries me back to my room, tucking me in, making sure I'm not cold.

That was the last fun night I had before my whole world crumbled down.