8 - 𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘏𝘢𝘴 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘥

*EMMA'S POV* 

Everything has changed. Friends, a word that I never thought would describe Mattheo and I. Maybe he's not so bad after all. This could be nice.

My alarm rings, i'm so tired. I meet up with Pansy and Draco this morning, he usually doesn't come with us but my brother ditched him for being annoying. I can't blame him, Theodore has a point. He can get pretty irritating at times.

We get to class and sit down at our usual seats. I feel something hit my head. A crumpled up piece of paper. I unravel it and see who it was from. Cedric. He's telling me to meet him  in the astronomy tower at our usual time. I smile and give him a nod from the other side of the room.

I've been talking to Cedric recently. He's actually really nice. I could see myself with him. We've been hanging out in the tower every evening I like him. Actually like him.

I've just noticed I haven't told my friends that Mattheo and I get along now. "Pansy, I need to tell you something" I am so excited to see her reaction, she is not going to expect this. "Spit it out" she replies impatiently. "Mattheo and I are friends" I whisper making sure that no one else hears us. "WHAT!?" she screams so loudly the entire class goes quiet and stares at her.

"Sorry guys" she says, scratching the back of her neck. She diverts her attention back to me, "What do you mean friends? You wanted to murder him in cold blood a few days ago." She's not wrong. "I know but we're friendly to each other now, I think." She rolls her eyes, not fully convinced. "If you say so, Emma."

Once all of my boring clases are over, I obviously go to the astronomy tower to meet up with Cedric. He's already waiting for me once i get there. He is smiling from ear to ear as he pulls me into a hug and asks me about my day.

We sit on the ledge, and talk. He keeps telling me flirty jokes. I'm honestly blushing like crazy. And i'm really enjoying it. He's so cheesy.

We hear some heavy footsteps behind us and we turn around to see who it is. Mattheo, fancy seeing him here. "Hi Emma" he says, eyeing us up and down. "Mattheo" I reply, feeling a bit uncomfortable.

He takes out a cigarette, lights it and leaves without saying another word.

I continue talking, well more like flirting, with Cedric for what feels like hours, until it get's dark. He walks me to my dorm, before pulling me into a kiss. I didn't expect that but i'm not complaining. I kiss him back before both saying goodnight.

The next day, we meet up at our usual spot, again. I get surprised when I see that his arm is broken. "Are you okay? What happened?"

"Mattheo" he blurts. Mattheo did this?

Oh he's not getting away with this. Not again.