5 - 𝘜𝘯𝘵𝘰𝘶𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦

*MATTHEO'S POV*

I skipped detention for this stupid party and all i've been doing is watch Emma and some blonde guy dance all night. It's driving me crazy. That dude doesn't deserve to have his hands on her body. I've had enough of it.

I punch him right in the face, with no hesitation whatsoever. Once I start i can't stop. I continue to punch him until his face if messed up and so are my knuckles. "Touch her again and i'll fucking kill you." I mean it, i really do.

I look up and see Emma staring down with a look of pure fear. Fuck. My thoughts get cut off when she screams "Mattheo what the fuck? You're insane."

Theodore grabs my arm and pulls me out of the party. I exit the room while making eye contact with her. I really fucked up this time, I don't know what i was thinking. I guess it was just jealousy, I need to control that. But I don't think i can, not when it's about Emma.

I'm overprotective of her. She's untouchable as long as i'm around. I'll make it clear to anyone who even dares to come close to her.

As soon as Theodore drags me out, I head directly to the library, not listening to anything he's saying to me.

I lay down on one of the couches and fall asleep rather quickly.

I can't get her out of my head. I have been dreaming about her all night. I just want to forget about it for a few hours. But of course she has to haunt me in my sleep.

I get tired and finally decide to get up, I smoke a few cigarettes, which i really needed, before going to breakfast.

On my way to the great hall I see Emma chasing after me. She's really going to talk to me after what I did at the party? "Tell me what happened last night." she snarls and crosses her arms over her chest. I clench my jaw as I try to form words but my mind is blank.

I don't have to fucking explain it. And i'm not going to. Not any time soon at least.

Emma has been trying to get my attention ever since this morning, and she is getting on my last nerve. I haven't even looked at her, does she not get the message? I do not want to talk to her.

I've been avoiding her all day and it's honestly harder than i thought it would be.

As soon as dinner is over I go to my dorm. I can't be near her any longer or i'm going to crack and say something I'll regret.

I have to talk to her enventually but i don't have a clue on what i'm going to say.

Knocks, I hear someone knocking on my door. I groan and open it, just to find Emma standing out in the hallway. Is it that hard to leave me alone for just one second?

She takes a deep breath, "Why?" she says softly. "Are you that fucking stupid? Leave me alone." It came out a bit more aggressive than I intended.

I slam the door shut in her face before I have time to see her reaction.

Shit.