Careless Whisper 6

Careless Whisper by George Michael

I made my way down the stairs in the main room. My eyes landed on the four boys who admired the first floor, discovering each corner, without noticing me. Further in the living room there was a large mirror on the wall, as the sage green dresser stood under it, having an old radio and a vinyl player on it.

Kneeling in front of the dresser, my fingers came in contact with books that were laying on the shelf of the vintage dresser. Mostly these were Jane Austin's pieces, or some old magazines. Taking 'Pride and Prejudice' in my hands, my body changed into a standing position, admiring the worn out cover. The owner must have left these for the guests, I wondered to myself. Opening the first page, I found 'To my lovely Anne, who I love and will never forget', the words written with a black ink. The hand writing however was similar to me. A slight discomfort flashed through me, realizing that it was personal. What happened to this Anne? Who is the owner?

I was pulled out of my thoughts, as heavy footsteps were coming closer from behind me. Closing the book, my blue eyes landed on the green one's through the large mirror, as I didn't bother to turn around.

Calvin stood behind me, with his hands in the front pockets of his white trousers, looking directly at me through my reflection. We stayed like this for a moment, colors were mixing in a painting.

"Knew I would find you here," he mumbled, still looking at me.

"How so?" I raised my brows.

"Just a guess," the boy shrugged his shoulders. "Everybody wants to meet in the garden." He informed me.

"Alright, I'll be there," I nodded, breaking eye contact. Putting the book on its previous spot, I felt his green eyes on me, counting my every move, each word and my appearance.

"Staring is inappropriate, Calvin," my voice pulled him out of the state. Forming a smirk on his face, he turned his gaze in a different direction.

"See you outside, angel," he mumbled before exiting the room.

Taking a deep sigh, I made my way outside in the average yard, green grass instead of the wooden floor, not as many flowers as I am used to, just a clean green area.

The girls already sat on a cozy beige sofa with a coffee table opposite of it. Loud voices were heard from the inside, becoming louder with each step. Isaiah and John carried bottles of red and white wine, meanwhile Margaret and Antoni carried the glasses.

"Ladies," John announced. "Let's taste this seductive wine and discuss our next move."

Taking the glasses, which now were filled with liquid, everybody made themselves comfortable on the large sofa, the only missing person was Calvin. The bitter taste of the alcohol slid down my throat, as my ears were filled with chilling music.

Calvin came out of the building, holding a music box, placing it near the glass door before joining us as well.

"Any ideas for today? Tomorrow?" He collapsed on the sofa beside Josephine, his arm on the sofa behind the girl, yet his gaze on me.

"Well who would have thought that our parents are so kind as to let us on our own spend the whole month in Monaco," John chuckled, sipping on the red wine.

"Guys, Italy and France are a few minutes away from here," Lillian informed the group.

"What about a club? Any party here somewhere?" Josephine looked around the group.

"Nah, I'd prefer a fancy dinner on the first day," Isaiah commented.

"Me too," Antoni nodded his head to his friend's suggestion.