My Tears Recochet 18

My tears rocochet by Taylor Swift

White long sleeved shirt and white leggings, high boots, dark sunglasses, gloves and horses. Lillian, along Antoni, were professional riders. They owned six horses, yet Lillian had one for her, her dark brown queen, Dakota. Antoni on the other hand had a white one, Trigger. They were inseparable.

There was something about horse riding that they liked more than anything else. Since the twins first laid their doll eyes on the creatures, they knew it was love, life and passion.

In our families it was a must to give their children as much as possible, including sports and games of any kind. Lillian tried herself at ballet, however she failed. Her temper was pretty short, so at the second lesson she threw her shoe at the teacher. Tennis didn't go upright as well. The girl broke the racket, after she lost plenty of times.

Antoni, ah that is complicated. The boy refused to even give any other sport a try. He threatened his parents to run away if they wouldn't let him on a horse. The boy even tried to steal his father's car and drive away. Failing multiple times and finally being allowed to have a creature.

And so Florence twins were diving in the art of horse riding.

I tried myself in the horse sport, yet the atmosphere wasn't right. Ballet was far away from me to reach; it was more for Josephine. She always wanted to reach the 'perfect' effect. I don't blame her, I wished I was perfect as well, yet she is trying too hard and eventually failing. Her own standards are unrealistic. As for me, tennis was a lovely place, not my passion, yet the only sport I agreed to. You see, it is a must to have one active sport as a hobby. Whoever decided this is an asshole.

My heart belonged to the art of books and poetry. The words that were expressed as someone else's feelings amazed me. My mother had a distant feeling to poetry. She never liked my first written pieces, so I stopped telling her about them. By the end of the day she forgot about poems and didn't care at all. In the moonlight, on my balcony, I demonstrated deep feelings on a paper. Every now and then, I would find myself gazing at the stars, admiring from afar the beauty of shining stones. Silly to hope that I would shine like one of these stars. The voice in my head, however, kicked my butt and assumed me to continue.

At the fields with horses my eyes landed on John and Isaiah. These two seemed closer now after the trip. My heart melted when I saw them telling people their dumb jokes. Jokes were complete nonsense, yet I still laughed as to how they presented those, usually finding two boys in each other's company. Funny how things turned out. I do not think about these people in a bad way. For the past month they warmed me and offered comfort. Unexpectedly, I returned the feeling.

"Johnny boy," I called out. "Isaiah."

"Our favorite devil," John nodded. He patted a gray horse before turning back to me.

"Are you racing as well?" Isaiah asked.

"No I am not taking part in it," I informed the boys. "I came to watch Lillian."

"Races are not your thing then?" John asked.

"Nah," I shook my head.

Our conversation was interrupted as multiple footsteps echoed from behind me. My head spun in the direction, spotting Lillian's, Margaret's and Antoni' worried expressions. Something happened? Their eyes focused on me. Lillian is holding herself to not let a sob. Horror on Antoni's face and tears streaming down from his girlfriend's eyes.

"You guys look as if somebody just died," John joked. Yet there was clearly no time for sarcasm.

"Calvin he-," Margaret cried.

"What?" My heart sank at her words.

"He's in the hospital," Antoni finished for his girlfriend, rubbing her shoulder.

My eyes widened at his statement. No time for silly questions, I have to see him. Suddenly my heart stopped. Thousand scenarios roaming on my mind. Without a word, I sprinted towards the parking lot.

-

"Where is he?" I shouted running through hospital corridors.

People turned their heads towards me, as if I just escaped a mental hospital. I heard my pulse louder in my ears. Where is my Calvin? Each corridor seemed similar to another and doctors looked all the same in those clothes. I was on edge, scanning the area with a rapid breath.

"Miss," a nurse came up to me. "calm down and tell me who you are looking for."

"Calvin Doomer," I stressed around.

"Are you a relative?"

"Girlfriend," I lied.

"Room 7," she nodded.

No thank you, I simply ran. A sign with number 7 and I stood in front of the white door catching my breath. The cold metal handle came in contact with my sweaty palm, slowly opening the door. My feet were glued in the doorway in the picture.

The soft face was covered in bruises, I could not recognize him, barely finding an untouched spot. The left arm was bandaged, as if broken. His chest rose up and down, slowly, not taking deep breaths, otherwise it would hurt.

The blue eyes of mine burned slightly, letting a sob escape my lips. I covered my mouth with my palm, in complete shock. How can somebody hurt him so badly, why? My heart stopped beating, my breath was caught in my throat, I forgot how to speak.

Guiding myself to his side, I could not believe the sight. The cold hand touched him, no warmth, he was cold now as well. The hot tears ran down my rosy cheeks. Holding his hand in mine, I kneeled beside his bed.

"I'm here," I whispered, "I'm here."

Silence. I wished he could hear me, touch me, tell me that he is fine. God, I need him. A blank field inside of my head. Motionless boy right in front of me, slowly breathing and God knows when he will wake up. What have you've done, dear, I wondered to myself.

The door flew open, revealing Mr. Doomer. His casual poker face and hands in the front pockets. No actual worry on his face, even though his son lay motionless on the hospital bed. It always seemed like the man cared for himself more than anything else. The unbothered look and money in each pocket.

The dark eyes fell on my figure crouching on the floor.

"Who let you in?" He asked sternly. "Out, now!"

Standing back up, I held a cold stare with the older man, not looking away. Clenching my jaw, I stood my ground. Nothing new in Mr. Doomer's behavior. As long as I can remember he was never nice, mostly fake. The empty stare from him was enough to let the shivers down your spine. Man's posture was straight, reminding everybody of the power he held, even though he was weak.

"I am staying here," I informed him.

"My son does not need you, not here, not at all," he stepped closer. "You are just another worthless thing. He'll play around and turn his back on you later. You don't mean anything to him. Try not to come in my way and we will be fine. I am pretty sure Miss Grey, your reputation is important to you and I dearly hope I won't see you with my son again."

With this he walked out of the door, as I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Threat is new from him and doing it in the broad daylight in the hospital is above all. The words that entered my ears mean nothing. Jim Doomer thinks that he scares me, yet he doesn't. Calvin can decide for himself, whether I am whore or worthless. Probably the boy thinks that about me, however he has to say it to my face first. Negative opinion of an older man changes nothing.

Anxiety reached my limits, I stood in a silent room, playing with my necklace. My head snapped in the boy's direction, my heart sank yet again. The ocean in my blue was full, letting a few drops of hot water fall down.

"I am not going anywhere."