Wildest Dreams 25

Wildest Dreams by Taylor Swift

A silk baby blue dress hugged my body. Tones of concealer covered the blue under my eyes. The search has never stopped. Yet I had to take a break on my sister's wedding. My blonde hair was hanging wavily from my shoulders, two daisies stuck on my left side behind my ear.

Knocking on the door of my sister's room, I spotted her sitting in front of the makeup table. An older woman was finishing her hair, the other woman adding some highlighter. A small smile played on my lips at the sight of my sister. White dress suited her. Bare behind the corset till her lower back. Long skirt along the corset hugged her body, showing the slim figure. Her belly was not seen just yet. Little diamonds shone on her waist, reflecting the light. Small golden earrings and a ring completed her look. White heels waited for her beside her bed. They were simple, no details.

"You look stunning," I muttered from the door.

Donna's eyes lit up. Smile from ear to ear in my direction. "Thank you," she said.

Shortly the two women left. We were left alone in the room. I sat on her bed, my sister across from me on the chair. Her hands shook slightly. Of course the stress tried to take control over her. In a few moments she would face her fiance and officially become his wife. Placing my hand over hers, I gazed into her blue eyes.

"I am so proud of you, Don," I squeezed her hand.

"I am so nervous," she admitted. A small chuckle left her lips.

"No need to. I will be right beside you," I said.

"You are a good person Vic," she said.

"Far away from good," I chuckled.

"No, you are. Your nature is soft, even if your heart is shattered, there will always be a small piece that doesn't break. And it helps you to act properly."

The blue in me softened at her words. Is it true?

A cough from the door interrupted us. My expression turned into a delightful one.

"Mr. Hawksley!" I smiled.

"Girls, I am sorry for interrupting you." He nodded. His usual kind eyes played around the room. "The wedding is starting. Donna, I would like to walk you to the island."

Tears shimmered in my sister's eyes. He came all the way from across the world to walk her to the island. In the back of my mind I hoped he received the invitation, yet didn't expect his presence.

"I would love to," she stood up.

"Don't you worry about what is waiting for you outside. Take a deep breath and trust your feet to bring you towards your future," Michael said. Donna nodded at the man.

Giving my sister a hug and a reassuring smile to the older man, I left them.

Walking down the steps, ready to walk outside a male figure blocked my way. His eyes memorized my appearances, wondering over my body before finding my eyes yet again. A wave of delight rushed over him.

"What?" I frowned, standing at the bottom of the stairs.

"Just, uh-," he was lost for words. "You look beautiful, angel."

My face burned at his words. Heart skipped a beat and I fell more for him each second. Sending the boy, a smile as a thank you.

"Miss Grey," he offered me his hand.

"Merci," I accepted.

Together we made our way towards the yard with guests and the steady sound of piano. White chairs were decorated with daisies around the back. Leaves of lilies laid on the floor, softly floating in the air, due to the soft breeze. Table with drinks was half empty. All the families from the 'old money society' were invited. Three little girls, around four and six, ran around with flowers in their hair. Women wore light blue colors, men dark blue suits. An anxious Jasper chatted with his best mate, awaiting the bride.