Wings 19

Wings by Birdy

I was woken up by sunlight peeking out of the window. Neck, back, legs, everything hurt from the position I fell asleep in. The small chair in the corner was not the best I could find, yet not the worst.

My confused eyes landed on the boy, he was awake. Without any doubt, I stood up in a hurry, immediately holding his hand. Yet again the water wanted to leave my blue ones. The green forest, I see it a thousand times, and I'm still falling for them.

Squeezing his hand slightly, I feel the warmth from them. "Hey," I smiled, breaking inside.

"Hey," he muttered. He couldn't believe I was here; it wasn't a dream. "You've been here for long?"

"I dunno," I shrugged. "Why didn't you wake me up?"

"Looked so peaceful, didn't want to take away your sleep."

"You scared me." My stare was broken away from his, I just could not dare to look at him. I wanted to cry, to shout.

"I am fine," he squeezed my hand back.

"Don't look like it," I whispered. My gaze fell back on him, tracing left palm through his hair, along his face. "Do you need anything? Water? Should I-, I can call the nurse?"

Ready to leave for some supplies, my wrist was caught, stopping me in my tracks. The grip told me not to go.

"Please, stay," he whispered.

Nodding, I sat by his side. Honestly, what do people say in such situations? Do they try to improvise and bring some positivity? Or do they cry and pray?

"You looked lovely in this chair," he snickered softly.

"Quit it, Calvin," I shook my head, nevertheless letting out a small chuckle.

He joked in times like this?

"Come here," he motioned for me to lay down with him.

Opening his arm for me, I accepted his offer. My head on his chest, feeling the steady heartbeat. The sound was so peaceful that I didn't need to talk, I could listen to it for hours. His arm traced on my waist, pulling me as close as possible, not daring to let go. The weak yet strong at the same time hold on me.

My fingers gently wandered on his chest, letting a deep sigh escape my lips along the salt tears. I didn't sob, nor yelled. The tear slid silently down my face, falling onto his chest. Wet spots were seen on the white hospital shirt.

"I am sorry for everything," I whispered.

"I know why you did it, I forgive you, angel. You don't have to be scared anymore."

Pushing myself up, still laying in his arms, I gently kissed him on the forehead, leaving my palm to hold his face. Colors mixed under our stares, deciding our fate. The tears were gone due to the palm that traced my soft cheek. Yet again, even in this state, I melted under his touch.

"What happened?" I muttered above the whisper.

"Nothing to worry about," he mumbled, tracing my cheek.

"Calvin Doomer if this condition is nothing, you better-," I was cut off by the soft lips on mine.

He knew how to shut me up and succeeded. Nevertheless, it felt good. The worry slowly faded away, staying for a moment just in case bad news were about to enter this door. Pulling apart, I rested my forehead against his.

"It's good to know there is a way to shut you up," he smiled.

"Twat," I slapped his chest playfully. The boy yelped in paint, my eyes wide. "Sorry." He chuckled slightly.