-15-

" Wake up," Jin quietly nudged Taehyung, who was still asleep on the sofa.

It was almost twelve pm now, and Jin had woken up an hour earlier to prepare breakfast for both of them.

Taehyung let out an annoyed squeak, shifting in his sleep, " Hey, wake up. Your breakfast is getting cold," Jin called out a little louder.

" Grandma, let me sleep," Taehyung mumbled, still not fully awake, " I'm not your grandma. Wake up." Jin deadpans,

Taehyung, still half-asleep, startled when he realized it was Jin, not his grandmother.

He took a moment to orient himself.
" Why did you make me breakfast?" Taehyung wiped his face in case there was any drool and tried to focus his bleary eyes.

" To thank you for last night. I passed out after troubling you, " Jin replied in a low voice.

He had never acknowledged any of Taehyung's kind actions before. He had always been skeptical of them and pushed Taehyung away.

" There's no need. Just continue being the way you were before. It must be uncomfortable for you to say thank you," Taehyung said, finally getting up from the sofa. He left for his bedroom without giving Jin a chance to respond.

Jin stared at the food on the table, feeling sick. He was still unwell, but he had made breakfast for Taehyung, and the alpha hadn't even touched it. He realizes this is how Taehyung must've felt.

He packed the food he had made for Taehyung, thinking he could give it to someone needy on his way to the company today.

Jin proceeded to eat his own portion slowly, being cautious due to his sensitive stomach after the events of the previous night. He knew he should also avoid alcohol for a while. He won't be able to handle any liquor for days now.

Jin had just finished eating when he felt all the food rising up to his mouth, and a sudden wave of nausea washed over him. He quickly rushed to the closest toilet, which happened to be Taehyung's. Their apartment had no attached toilets in the alpha's room. He used one in the common area.

Puking his guts out, Jin couldn't help but think, 'Great, I'm still sick.' He sat on the floor, clutching the toilet bowl, feeling disgusting, and wondering why his stomach was acting up so much.

" Oh my God, why didn't you use your personal toilet? " Taehyung gaped, seeing Jin on his bathroom floor.

" This one was closer. I'm sorry; it was urgent," Jin replied, desperate for Taehyung to leave. He looked and smelled awful.

" I had to deal with it last night, and now again,
why did you drink so much? Taehyung sighed,

" Give me 10 minutes, I'll clean it," Jin pleaded with Taehyung,

" It's not about that. You should go rest up. There's medicine for nausea in the kitchen. You should take it," Taehyung said, looking at the mess and sighing. He fetched the cleaning supplies, ready to tackle the situation. " I'll manage; please leave now,"

" I'm sorry," Jin muttered and quickly made his way to his bedroom.

Taehyung closed the bathroom door behind Jin and started cleaning. He had experience taking care of his grandmother when she was sick, so these things didn't bother or disgust him. What bothered him was that he would do all this for Jin, who would still be rude in response.

Taehyung didn't want to label his feelings of empathy for Jin with any other name. Does he actually like Seokjin? He had asked himself this question many times, especially when Jimin teased him about it. It couldn't be possible to like Jin. It did hurt when Jin pushed him away or acted indifferently. Taehyung blamed it on his alpha or the mark. To avoid confronting his growing fondness.

Sometimes, Taehyung wondered if Jin's omega would get just as restless as his alpha when he saw Jin in distress. Every time he didn't bring food or snacks for Jin, it hurt, and he felt an overwhelming desire to keep Jin safe, fed, and happy.

Eversince Jin lashed out at him for helping him, he had tried his best to be considerate of Jin's requests, regardless of his urges.

After finishing the cleaning, Taehyung left the apartment, taking the packed breakfast on the countertop with him. They were heading for a divorce, and he couldn't let himself be affected by this, but his growing fondness for Jin stayed heavy on his mind.

A week passed by, and Jin's nausea continued to worsen. He recognized the patterns and began to suspect it might be something else.

On a Friday evening, he left work early to buy a pregnancy tests kit on his way home. He made the purchase discreetly, trying to hide his identity.

With trembling hands, Jin took the tests from the cashier. As soon as he got home, he checked if Taehyung was at home, but luckily, he wasn't.

Jin shut his bedroom door and went to the bathroom to take the test. He peed on multiple sticks that he had purchased, his legs shaking as he stood up from the toilet seat.

He placed the tests at the vanity's countertop, his thumb nervously tapping his fingers. He felt anxious as he watched the clock, waiting for the results.

His breath caught in his throat as he saw the positive result. Jin fell to the bathroom floor, panic setting in.

" What do I do? " His skin grew colder with each passing second, " I can't be pregnant. What have I done? "

He found himself crawling on the floor, shaking too much. His phone slipped from his hand.

" I need to do something. I can't bring a child into this. I'll ruin the child, " the terrifying thought crosses his mind,
" i can not kill it, no. I'll be just like my father, "

Jin sat in the bathtub and filled it to the brim with water. He sat there, his head feeling unbearably heavy. His body went limp, and the tub began to overflow with water. He didn't even try to get up, allowing himself to drown, thinking it was the right thing to do.

If he can't birth his unborn, he doesn't deserve to live either.