-16-

While Taehyung was out with Jimin, his peaceful outing was interrupted by the persistent ringing of his phone.

It had chimed way too many times for Taehyung to continue ignoring it.

" Why are you calling me this late? " Taehyung grumbled as he answered the call, irritation evident in his voice.

" I need you to go back home. You're always hanging out with Jimin, and Jin is frequently out and about, too. There are articles about you coming home later every night. I've been trying to reach Jin's phone, but he's not even picking up, even though it's been ringing incessantly. Go home right now and convey the same message to him. It's a direct order from the CEO. I need you to stay away from Jimin for at least a month, at least until the movie is released," the manager's voice demanded,

Taehyung, clearly annoyed, reluctantly got up from his seat, " I need to leave now."

Jimin responded with a resigned smile, giving Taehyung a thumbs-up, " Alright, just a few more months of this. "

" See you later," Taehyung said as he exited the cafe and hurried back home.

Upon his return, he noticed a group of paparazzi waiting outside the apartment complex, a stark reminder of the dark side of fame.

Stepping into their apartment, Taehyung's ears were met with the incessant ringing of Jin's phone. The manager had instructed him to inform Jin about the situation, but the phone continued to ring, still.

" Seokjin, pick up your phone, and if you're not going to, at least shut it off," Taehyung announced loudly from outside Jin's room, growing increasingly concerned.

However, there was no response from within. He decided to enter the room, only to find it empty. The persistent ringing now came from inside the bathroom.

" Seokjin, are you in there? " Taehyung asked with mounting worry, but there was no reply. The phone persisted in its relentless ringing. Taehyung opened the bathroom door and found it unlocked, revealing a concerning sight.

Taehyung let out a sharp gasp, his heart sinking like a stone as he rushed toward Seokjin,

"What are you doing? " His voice trembled with fear as tears welled up in his eyes. He quickly turned off the water tap, his vision blurred by his own anguish.

" Seokjin, please, no," desperation filled his voice as he checked for any signs of life, swiftly initiating CPR.

" Please, get up. Why did you do this? " Taehyung continued with another round of CPR, his emotions in turmoil.

A glimmer of hope emerged as he felt Seokjin gasping for air, waking up and coughing.

" Thank God," Taehyung exclaimed with immense relief, hugging Seokjin's fragile body tightly.

" Are you okay? " he inquired, his voice quivering with worry. However, Seokjin remained unresponsive, only managing to open his eyes slightly before fainting once more.

Taehyung proceeded to drain the bathtub, taking deep, shuddering breaths to steady his nerves. He then filled it with clean, warm water and gently removed Seokjin's wet clothes. Tears streamed down his face uncontrollably.

" Why would you do this? " he whispered softly to himself as he bathed Jin.

After dressing Seokjin in the warmest clothing he could find from the wardrobe, Taehyung tucked the omega under a blanket to keep him warm and safe.

Taehyung then retreated to the bathroom and meticulously cleaned everything, his heart still heavy with concern. While tidying up, his eyes fell upon the pregnancy tests, positive pregnancy tests. Panic gripped him, his breath catching in his throat.

Swiftly, he tucked them away, attempting to regain his composure. After taking a bath himself, Taehyung returned to check on Seokjin. The omega was still fast asleep, his face bearing the weight of his inner turmoil.

He dialed Jimin's number, the seconds ticking away as he anxiously glanced at Seokjin's still, cold form.

Jimin answered on the third attempt, his voice filled with concern, " Why are you calling me this late? "

Taehyung's voice quivered with emotion as he nearly sobbed into the phone.

" I need a favor, Jimin. Can you make some gut-friendly food, please, and drop it outside my apartment? Make sure no one sees you. If possible, you can send Yoongi hyung. Please, do me this favor."

" I'll do that, but what's wrong? Can you tell me? " Jimin's voice was laced with worry as he got out of bed and turned on the light.

Taehyung couldn't hold back his tears any longer. " Seokjin," he sobbed.

" What happened to him? Is everything okay? " Jimin's concern grew as he listened intently.

" Yes, yes, he's just sick. Can you please do me this favor? I promise you, he's okay, " Taehyung pleaded, hesitating to reveal the full truth to Jimin.

" You're lying, Tae. Please tell me what's wrong. You can trust me," Jimin softly reassured him, his voice filled with concern.

" Don't tell a soul, not even Yoongi hyung," Taehyung's voice trembled as he continued speaking quietly into the phone,

" Jin tried to... you know... end his life. I came home, and he was drowning in the bathtub. I don't know what happened. He's sleeping right now. I gave him CPR, bathed him, and put him under the blanket, but he's still cold. I need to go help him. That's why I need you to help me out. I know it's too much to ask, but please."

Jimin assured him, " The food will be there. I'll ask Yoongi to drop it. He'll be there in less than 2 hours. You can keep warming him. I'll visit you if you want, okay? Take care of yourself and go take care of him."

With that, Jimin ended the call, overwhelmed by the news, but relieved that Jin was okay. He couldn't imagine what Taehyung had gone through or what he had done to save Jin.

Meanwhile, Taehyung snuggled under the blanket with Jin's body, holding him tightly. He inhaled Jin's scent, which was now dull and sour. He hugged him even tighter, comforting him, and gently licked the mating mark, trying his best to provide comfort. He could hear Jin whimper in his sleep.

" Why'd you do this to yourself? " Taehyung whispered, rubbing his nose against Jin's. His body had warmed up considerably, and Taehyung slowly patted Jin's back, his thoughts swirling with questions.

Was the child his? Taehyung had knotted him, but why was Jin only finding out now? It had been a month. Was the pup already several weeks old? Taehyung couldn't help but ponder the possibilities as he stared at Jin's face.

" You're so precious, and I'm so sorry your father ruined you this way. I wish you'd let me help, " Taehyung murmured to Jin's unconscious form. He held him even closer as he tried to stay awake until Yoongi arrived with food.

After exactly one hour and about thirty minutes, Yoongi finally arrived. He dropped the food at the door, which Taehyung found still warm when he retrieved it. He took the Tupperware inside and served the food on a plate.

Taehyung missed Jimin immensely at that moment, feeling overwhelmed by everything that had transpired. He brought the food to Jin's room and gently tried to wake him.

" Jin? Wake up, cub," he said softly.

" Open your eyes. You need to eat. You can go back to sleep afterward."

Jin did his best to stay awake and let Taehyung feed him. After finishing his meal, he fell asleep again, and Taehyung joined him, refusing to leave his side that night.