-48-

When Jin wakes up, he finds himself cradled in Taehyung's arms. He flinches away, the memories of what he did to Taehyung flooding back to him.

Pushing himself abruptly out of Taehyung's embrace, in process, he wakes the alpha from his nap. Taehyung, groggily, asks, " What's wrong? "

Jin just shakes his head, dismissing it as he moves out of bed quickly. He keeps forgetting he's carrying a child, even when he's bearing a heavy weight on his back. He needs to be more careful with his movements.

Taehyung notices Jin's discomfort and concerningly suggests, " Wear your slippers, don't walk around barefoot, it's cold. Also, I booked us a doctor's appointment at 8. We'll grab some food first. You should go get ready. "

Jin's head is still throbbing, and he feels bile rising in his throat. He places a hand over his mouth and rushes to the bathroom.

Taehyung follows Jin into the toilet, out of concern. " Are you sick? Did you catch a cold? Why did you sleep on the floor?" Taehyung's tone is a bit stern as he checks Jin's temperature with the back of his hand. " I'm sorry, " Jin mutters as he flushes away the puke, wishing he could flush down the embarrassment as well.

Jin proceeds to brush his teeth without sparing Taehyung a glance, who stands by the doorframe. As he gazes at his own reflection, his thoughts shift to the pup's kicking earlier. He knows he should tell Taehyung about this, as it's been a topic of concern for both of them.

After Jin is done freshening up, he joins Taehyung in the living room. " We need to do grocery shopping on the way back as well. Let's go."

He follows Taehyung outside and sneezes when the cold air hits his face. The cold dissipates, "Thanks to the car's heater, he feels warmer.

As they drive, Jin contemplates the right words to say to Taehyung, unsure of how to tell him about the baby's kicks. He places a hand on his abdomen, the other forming a fist, and finally, he musters the courage to speak up, " Taehyung," he begins, his voice tentative.

Taehyung pauses and looks at Jin, noticing his balled fist and worried expression. " The baby kicked today. I felt it kick earlier," Jin confesses quickly, releasing the clenched fist and watching Taehyung's reaction closely.

To his surprise, Taehyung simply nods and refocuses on driving. Jin expected a more excited or emotional response. The lack of enthusiasm makes him wonder if Taehyung no longer holds interest in the baby, and that thought starts to weigh on his mind. 

They stopped for dinner at the same place they had breakfast earlier in the day, and after they finished, Taehyung drove them to the hospital.

The hospital was a bit far from their house, and the car ride was painfully quiet. Jin felt wide awake, observing his own body, feeling somewhat disconnected. He longed for their conversations, their touches, just spending time together, enjoying each other's company.

Despite being so close to Taehyung, Jin felt like he was miles away.

Upon arriving at the hospital, they used the back entrance to enter. The hospital was bustling with activity, and Jin felt overwhelmed by the crowd, but his anxiety dies down when taehyung wraps an arm around him, taking him to the vip floor.

Their appointment started exactly at 8 o'clock. After a general checkup, they were escorted to the ultrasound room.

The doctor asked, " Right, I can tell you the gender right now, or do you want me to write it down on paper, in case you want it to be intimate? "

Jin and Taehyung spoke up simultaneously, each with a different preference, leaving the doctor somewhat confused. Jin quickly cleared the air, saying, "You can just tell us now."

The female beta doctor applied gel to Jin's belly, saying, " We'll know in a minute. The baby looks healthy. "

After a few moments, she added, " I'm sure you can hear the heartbeat. Your baby is healthy. Moving on to the gender, and it's a boy, a healthy one. His rank you'll know at birth, but speaking from experience, the baby seems to be an alpha, considering how strong he is holding on despite your poor health."

The doctor's words hit Jin hard. He felt like he had done nothing for the baby. He clenched his fists so tightly that his nails dug into his palms.

" I'll be back," the doctor said, removing her gloves.

Jin quickly interjected, "I need to use the restroom. "

" Sure, Mr. Kim. You can join us in the office after you're done," the doctor replied with a smile.

Jin rushed out of the room and found the restroom. He turned on the tap and let himself lose some pent-up emotions, apologizing to the baby, promising to try and be better for his sake. Tears flowed freely.

There was a knock at the door, and Taehyung's voice came from outside, urging him to open it. " I'll be out in a minute."

"Seok Jin, open the door!" Taehyung's voice was more forceful this time. Jin flinched at the tone and opened the door with shaky hands.

" What's wrong? Did you puke again? " Taehyung questioned.

Jin didn't respond with words; he just shook his head.

" Goddammit, start speaking. You're acting as if you're the one who was wronged, not me. I took the hit and endured your bitter remarks," Taehyung's stern tone interrupted Jin's thoughts.

"Right, I know I'm the one at fault," Jin began, "and I'll make up for it. I'll leave, as I told you. I'll give you the baby and disappear because I know I don't deserve you or the pup. Just let me go. I promise I won't harm myself. Your baby will be safe. I prom-"

Taehyung brought his forehead to rest against Jin's, cutting off his words, " Our baby, seokjin, our baby. No way I'm letting you go. Do you get that? I'm not. You're mine, and I'm yours. You made it clear to me that this is how life will be with you, Seokjin. It did hurt, but I remember my promise to you. So, you should remember yours and stay with me until the end. Fix this, fix us, and fix yourself for our love, baby, for us."

Jin's voice trembled as he spoke, " What if I fail to fix all the mess? What if I do fix it, but then we are back at it again, Taehyung? I'll ruin you, and I can not do that. I even failed to nurture our baby, tae, please..."

"You won't. You stayed strong, give yourself some credit. " Taehyung interrupted firmly. " I told you this before, and I'm telling you again, I need your blind trust, Seokjin. I need you to open up to me, to love me, to give me your all. I'll never hurt you, ever. So, don't give up on us so easily. Please, don't. I love you so much."

"I love you too," Jin confessed through tears, " I think I'll die if I were to live without you, Taehyung. I can not fathom a life without you. But a life without me is what you deserve, so I'll leave you whenever you want me to."

Taehyung hugged Jin closer, his heart breaking at Jin's outburst, " I'll never, You're my home, Jin, only you. "