𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐚 𝐃𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐁𝐚𝐥𝐥 | 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

"𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞

"𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞. 𝐈𝐟 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐐𝐮𝐢-𝐆𝐨𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭."

4 | IT'S A DUST BALL

HERA EVENTUALLY FOUND HERSELF SITTING IN THE MAIN ROOM before they were set to have a meeting with the Queen about Tatooine. She twisted her lightsaber in her hand as she sat in the couch that had a table in front of it. She was thinking about her younger siblings.

She hadn't seen them in almost two and a half years, but she would pass by them and talk briefly to them in the hallways. She hadn't had a real conversation with them in almost three years though. She thought about her and her brother, Amir, would constantly spare with each other because they had almost the same skill set as they were only a year apart. How her twin siblings would always want to live up to Hera's ability at the age of ten, and they expressed this to their teacher, Grandmaster Yoda, constantly that it got very annoying for the older Jedi. Lastly, she thought about how she and her youngest brother Evander, who was a little more than four years younger that Hera, would always remember her (so much so that he branded her initials on his first lightsaber).

She was snapped out of her thoughts at the sound of footsteps. Of course there were pilots walking about, but these footsteps were more delicate and graceful. Hera looked up to see a handmaiden, but it wasn't just any handmaiden. It was her best friend. Hera smiled at the girl, who smiled back.

"The Queen would like to see you before the meeting. She is dying to speak to you after so long." the handmaiden said.

Hera understood this however. Rather than Sabe, who sat in the role of the Queen, the handmaiden was referring to herself.

"Of course." Hera said with a smile, and she stood up.

The handmaiden walked towards the doors that led to the Queen's chambers. She put in a code as the door flushed open to reveal three other rooms. Hera assumed that one was the handmaiden quarters and one was the Queen's. The one across from her however was a mystery to her. The handmaiden closed the door and immediately enveloped Hera in an embrace.

Hera recognized the scent of tulips and freshly ironed clothes from that of her best friend, Padme Amidala (Naberrie).

Hera and Padme had known each other since they were of the age of 4 and 5. Their families were very good friends, as Padme's mother, Jobal, was actually from Selene. Jobal and Hera's mother, Adeline, went to school together. When Padme was crowned Queen, Hera saw her much more when Padme and Adeline had their royal meetings regarding politics and the alliance between the two systems of Naboo and Selene.