𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐑𝐢𝐦 | 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔

"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐞, 𝐏𝐚𝐝𝐦𝐞

"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐞, 𝐏𝐚𝐝𝐦𝐞. 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐜."

6 | THE TRUTH OF THE OUTER RIM

HERA STOOD NEXT TO QUI-GON WITH HER ARMS CROSSED OVER HER CHEST, and Anakin was buying them something to eat. Padme stood next to them, and Jar Jar looked around the street. R2-D2 stayed stationary next to Padme. Qui-Gon and Hera shared a look as they sensed something in the Force, and they looked out into the desert.

"Here, you'll like these pallies..." Anakin said, patting Qui-Gon's leg with a pallie in his hand. "Here."

Qui-Gon and Hera snapped out of their daze and turned to Anakin. They each took a piece and lifted their shawls to put it in their pack in their utility belt. Anakin however noticed both their lightsabers that hung under the shawl.

"Oh, my bones are aching..." the stall keeper, Jira, said and Anakin turned back to her. "...storm's coming up, Annie. You'd better get home quick."

Anakin nodded and turned around to his new found friends, while Jira began packing up her stand.

"Do you have shelter?" Anakin asked Qui-Gon.

"We'll head back to our ship." Qui-Gon told the boy as they began walking away from Jira.

"Is it far?" Anakin asked.

"It's on the outskirts." Hera told the young boy, and Padme nodded in agreement.

"You'll never reach the outskirts in time... sandstorms are very, very dangerous. Come on! I'll take you to my place." Anakin suggested, and he began to lead them to a less crowded part of town.

The wind began to pick up as dust and sand swirled. Hera used one arm to make the shawl to cover her body, and the other arm to put in front of her eyes to block the sand from them. Anakin led them to a small apartment, hovel, looking house, and he opened the door as he walked in. The rest followed him in, and Hera and Padme looked around at the small house.