𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐨𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞 | 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

"𝐖𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐧, 𝐀𝐧𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧

"𝐖𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐧, 𝐀𝐧𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧."

8 | THE PODRACE

THE NEXT MORNING, HERA RODE ON AN EOPIE WITH ANAKIN AND PADME as they pulled Anakin's pod race parts into the garage with many other pod racers and racers. Padme sat behind Hera, and Anakin sat in front of her as he held the reins. Watto flew over to them as he turned to Anakin with a smirk.

"Ouna bakeesa. Bonapa keesa pateeso, o wanna meetee chobodd. (Better stop your friends betting or I'll end up owning him too.)" Watto said and he let out a small deep chuckle before flying away.

Qui-Gon and Jar Jar, who had arrived earlier that morning, came up to them.

"What'd he mean by that?" Anakin asked Qui-Gon, as he slid off the Eopie.

"I'll tell you later. Goodmorning." Qui-Gon said as he walked over to Shmi and helped her down.

Hera slid off the Eopie, and she turned around and helped Padme off the Eopie. The two girls stood next to Anakin and Kitster, who came to support his best friend.

"This is so wizard Ani! I'm sure you'll do it this time." Hera and Padme overheard Kitster say to Anakin.

"Do what?" Padme asked, and she turned to them while Hera stood slightly behind her.

"Finish the race, of course!" Kitster said bitterly.

Padme's mouth dropped slightly in shock as she turned to glance at Hera, who was equally shocked. Padme turned back to the boys.

"You've never won a race?" Padme said in shock.

"Well... not exactly..." Anakin said sheepishly.