𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 | 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐

"𝐕𝐞𝐫𝐚 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞! 𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞!"

12 | ASSASSINATION

HERA ROSE BELLIANE, RULER OF SELENE, was returning to Coruscant after a couple weeks of being on leave to Selene. Imagine being 23 and already having been killed more than 100 times, crazy right? But that was Hera's life, as a Jedi she was helping those in need, and being Queen meant she needed to help those and had many prices on her head by smugglers.

Let's retract to 10 years ago, Hera helped save Naboo from the Trade federation. Only a year later she was crowned Queen of Selene when her mother, Adeline Belliane, was found dead one morning in her room from an unknown illness that Adeline had been suffering with for 3 years. Hera's best friend, Padme Amidala (who at the time was Queen of Naboo) attended the coronation, as well has the Jedi Council and Hera's Jedi Master, Demaia Goldenburg. She refused to have guards in her room, much to the dismay of Selene's Royal Guard General Hawdeve.

Hera had been introduced to her handmaidens; Tairansia (Taira) Haymins, Viranshu (Vira) Watcol, Niralya (Nira) Bullrac, Veranika (Vera) Lynpul, and Miriam (Myra) Segsto. Hera saw them as her sisters and/or cousins. When they were undercover, she introduced them as her sisters and/or cousins, however sometimes it would come naturally. Vera and Hera were the closest, and Vera was Hera's body double and closest bodyguard. They would often switch places to test their skills in from of the island leaders, and nobody found out until Hera revealed it during a meeting.

Hera passed her Jedi Trials at the age of 18 and became a full-fledged Jedi Knight.

Only two weeks ago she was going back to Selene for a Council meeting when she was shot at, and two of her guards were killed. She was only supposed to be in Selene for a week, however, she was forced by her former Jedi Master and the Jedi Council to stay on Selene for another week.

Now, Hera sat in the cockpit of a Selenian fighter. She and Vera had switched again for their arrival on Coruscant. She and two other fighters flanked the Queen's starship. Vera was the only handmaiden with Hera, because the other four were already on Coruscant to get Hera's private apartment ready.

Coruscant was cloudy. It was gloomy and sad looking. The Queen's starship landed on the landing pad they had reserved for them. The straighter landed on smaller landing pads that had been connected to the main one. Hera wore a white and blue leather pilots outfit and a white helmet with the visor up. Her hair was pined up and tied into many low ponytails.

She kept her visor on as the her ship set down and she got out of the cockpit. R2-D2, her trusty sidekick and a gift from Padme Amidala, lowered from the droid slot as he followed Hera. Hera walked up to General Hawdeve with R2-D2 following her. They met a few feet away from ramp of the Queens starship as they watched Vera, surrounded by the guards, make their way down the ramp. General Hawdeve took off his helmet and held it under his arm.