𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐄𝐫𝐚 | 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐

"𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮

"𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮."

22 | BEGINNING OF A NEW ERA

THE JEDI COUNCIL DID IN FACT ALLOW ANAKIN AND HERA TO RETURN TO SELENE. Now Obi-Wan and Windu were stood at one of the windows in the Council chambers, while Yoda sat in his seat near them.

"Do you believe what Count Dooku said about Sidious controlling the Senate?" Obi-Wan asked Windu as he leaned against the window sill. "It doesn't feel right."

"Becoming unreliable, Dooku has," Yoda said, his voice crackly and eyes tired. "Joined the dark side. Lies, deceit, creating mistrust are his ways now."

"Never the less, I feel we should keep a closer eye on the Senate," Windu instructed, and Obi-Wan nodded.

"I agree."

"Where is your apprentice?" Windu asked Obi-Wan, and the two younger men looked at each other.

"On his way to Selene," Obi-Wan explained. "He is escorting Queen Belliane home. I have to admit, without the clones, it would not have been a victory."

"Victory?" Yoda questions, and Obi-Wan turns to the sad green Jedi. "Victory, you say? Master Obi-Wan, not victory. the shroud of the dark side has fallen. Begun, the Clone War has!"

~~~

Anakin and Hera stand in front of each other, staring each other dead in the eye with love and admiration filling their eyes. A Selene Holy Man, that hera trusted with her life stood in between them. Bouquets of roses line the railing of the balcony they were stood on. Nobody was around, as the sun was setting meaning everyone was inside for dinner.

R2 and C-3PO stood off to the side, watching the ceremony. Hera had instructed for them to keep the secret, and they were the only ones allowed at the wedding.

The Man blessed the couple, and he stepped away to give them privacy. Anakin placed his hands on either side of her neck and pulled her lips into his. The kiss was full of passion and love, and it lasted a few moments before they pulled away and rested their foreheads against each other. They smiled at each other, but behind their smiles was fear.

Fear of the upcoming war. Fear of losing each other. Fear of anyone finding out about their love for each other. But they knew that they could handle anything, if they were together.

~~~

A/N: Finished AOTC just in time for this book to reach 3K readers! Thank you all for the support you have given this book! I am so happy, and I feel like I accomplished something in life (lol)!

Seriously, thank you guys for voting and reading this book, because I really enjoy writing it! I know that I took a few months off between a few chapters, and I am sorry. I had terrible writers block! But thank you for sticking with me! See you guys in the Clone Wars! I hope to have the cast out by tonight or tomorrow!