Prologue

Author's pov

Once upon a time, in powerful nation known as Obelia, the Great Empire in the continent.

There lived a cold-hearted Emperor who people stated he doesn't shed tears or blood.

Claude de Alger Obelia.

The cold-hearted Emperor who took the throne after murdering his half older brother, Anastacius de Alger Obelia the Former Emperor and ruled Obelia

Why would a Second Prince well-known as War Hero and being a responsible and wise ruler would killed his own brother?

Claude wasn't the legitimate son of the Late Emperor and the Late Empress.

He was the illegitimate son of the Late Emperor and low-birth woman whom the Emperor brought her to the Imperial Palace after finding out she was pregnant with his child.

In Obelia, It is a royal tradition that spans across many generations to bestow names that mean immortality or eternity to the legitimate heirs to the throne.

Those who are of royal blood but have no claim to the throne are prohibited from receiving such an honor.

And Claude was one of them.

His mother named him after his maternal grandfather and she didn't want him be a target and complete against the succession of the throne as live a normal and happy life for her son.

But unfortunately, her wishes didn't came true.

Claude was treated as spare, his own father the Emperor neglected him, his stepmother the Empress physically abused him out of anger as he wasn't given proper clothing as the prince but rather as a commoner.

His mother couldn't do anything to protect him as she sicked and bedridden in the Ruby Palace.

The only thing she could do was to apologize for her condition.

While he lived unhappy childhood, his only happiness was his half older brother Anastacius who treated him like his brother and loved him.