Chapter 15

Author's pov

"Papa! When I grow up, I will be the best dancer in Siodonna!"

"Aww, my sweet Diana. You will be the greatest dancer in history. You already entangled my heart"

"I love you, Papa!"

"Diana-"

"Papa? Papa?! PAPA!!!!!"

"Adon!!! Please! Don't leave me and the girls! Please, Adon! Adon!!! ADON!!!!!!"

"Get the Princess out! She doesn't have to see this!"

"Sister! What happened to Papa?! Where's Mama?! Diana, why are you crying? Where's our Papa and Mama?"

"Mama, please. Stay strong...We need you, I and Anaya need you...Everyone needs you"

"Forgive me, my little moon. This time...I can't...I'm sorry...I'm so sorry, Diana...I don't think I will be ever able to see you and Anaya fulfill your dreams...I'm sorry"

"Mama! Please, just stay with us! Just stay with me! I can't lose you as I did with Papa"

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Diana...An old friend of mine will soon arrive and take care of you and Anaya in my absence...She's a good person...Diana, promise me that you and your sister will be strong enough to fight this cursed fate of our bloodline...I'm sorry, I don't have the strength to stay but I'm proud of you and Anaya from the bottom of my heart...I love you"

Diana remembers those last words her mother, Late Sultana Esther said to her before she passed away from the heartbroken illness.

She was just a little girl to be Sultana along with her twin sister Anaya.

She never liked the life of a royal, especially when treasonists murdered her father and got her mother dying from heartbreak.

Diana vows to never be in the affairs of the nobility and politics while Anaya swears to be a strong yet wise ruler to never let those men get the upper hand over their family.

But then, she fell in love with the cold-hearted Emperor Claude de Alger Obelia. And she broke her vow by falling in love with the Emperor and becoming his unofficial consort.

She never knew fate had a cruel future for them and her beloved daughter was unlit she found the book and her worst fear came true.

Now, she's back as a Princess, and her life is being tangled by Claude's marriage request.

'Claude, you fool' she thought, shaking her head.

"Mama" Diana soon turns her head to the voice and reveals it to be Athanasia. They were in Athanasia's bedroom in the Jasmine Palace, she was sitting beside Athanasia who lay down on her bed blankets covering her small body. 

"What is it, my dear?" Diana asks with a soft voice looking at her daughter. 

"Is Mama and Athy going to live with Papa?" Athanasia asked her without hesitation. Athanasia is a fearless and headstrong child, she inherited Diana's brazen nature. 

"I don't know...I just don't know...If I reject it now, he will be more eager and get on your aunt's nerves. And if I accept, then...I don't know. About you, my darling? How do you feel about your Papa?" Diana asked her, knowing that Athanasia already met Claude and they spent a day together. 

"Athy doesn't know either...Despite Papa looking a little scary, he isn't a bad man. Athy is just worried about Mama and how Auntie wants to kill him" Athanasia says knowing that her maternal aunt Anaya wants to skin Claude alive.