023 ˢᵘᵍᵃʳʰⁱˡˡᵈᵈᵒᵗ

CHAPTER: 22

FRIDAY, July3
10:01am, 2023

I walk up the stairs of the Reyes house, "Dd you up here?"I walk into his room just to find Ddot and no Dd.

"Hey Darrian"I sit next to him, "Hey Kylah"He says lowly.

Why is this so fucking awkward.

"I'm sorry"We both say at the same time, "Wait your sorry? what do you need to be sorry for i'm the one that said I like you, kissed you, and then pushed you way"He stands up closing the door.

"Well i'm sorry about how I acted, I know you don't like relationships yet I continued to kiss you back and expect more from you after"I turn my head away from him embarrassed.

"Though I don't like relationships, maybe I want to try one with you"He turns my head back so i'm looking at him.

I couldn't help it I had to kiss him, so I did. I wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him in, and he didn't waste anytime kissing me back.

Finally.

The feeling that i've been longing for since the first time we kissed is back. Though there was a slight difference, yesterday was passionate and slow, and today is fast and full of lust.

I crawl on top of him pushing him down onto the bed before realizing that we might end up going to far so I pull away.

"I think we should take things slow"I blurt out, yet every word of it was the truth. I mean as far as I know, he's big on trust and i'm definitely big on trust so taking things slow is probably the best route for me and him.

"Slow as in..?"He pauses to think a little bit more, "Like a talking stage?"He questions biting his lip probably rethinking things.

"Yes and also could we keep this on the low, not because i'm embarrassed or anything but you know I have a lot going on with Daeshon on the loose, my brother being in jail, and my addiction. I just think that keeping this on the low is for the best."I was scared, because though I meant every word sometimes I have a hard time wording things so I hope this didn't steer him away from me.

"Nah you good I understand"He picks up my leg and sits up next to me, "How about this me and you can have a mini date tonight at my place and talk a bit more about each other"He smirks causing my cheeks to heat up.

"I'd love that. Now if you excuse me I gotta go talk to Dd"I laugh getting up from the bed but not before planting a small kiss on the corner of his lips.

I walk out of the room and start to look for Dd and I then find him in Notti's room watching god knows what, "Hey Dd"I sit next to him, "Wassup ma heart"He daps me up, "Nothing, I just wanted to check up on you"I smile.

•T I M E  S K I P•

IT WAS NOW 4:00 o'clock and I was sitting in my room with Notti, "So tell me, how are you and Eva you haven't talked much about her lately and usually you have a handful to say about her"I pause the music so I can hear him correctly.

"Well we've been on the rocks lately, ever since me and you have been getting closer she just been mad dayroom"He sighs unlocking his phone and tapping on messages.

"See look"He handed me the phone.

Bae❤️

Hey ethan❤️

Heyy where u at rn?❤️

Just chillin at my house
can you come ova

I can't rn i'm chillin
at Dudey's crib with Kylah.
But i'm leaving in like an hour
so I can pull up then.

Why are u even
hanging out with her

Because she's my
friend you know dis.
And I just said that i'm coming
ova after so why is you trippin.

Nobody's trippin
you jus bein dayroom
thinking i'm gonna jus
let you be all buddied up
with a bitch I haven't even
met. Tf.

Bae you haven't met ha
because you never wanna come
ova when she's over and stop allat
cursing shi.

You know whatever you
wanna hang out wit ha
do that then.

After I finish reading the text messages I look up in disgust, "First off what the fuck did I do to her, because trust if I wanted you I would have met you a while ago and told you"

"I know and the thing is I already told her that you mess with Ddot after she thought I wanted you, so ion know why she's acting dayroom"He grabs his phone sliding it back into his pocket.

"So was that the last time y'all talked or..?"I said curious considering there were no other messages under the ones I had just read.

"Well I saw her yesterday over at the deli with her friends but when I went to say hi she pretty much told me she didn't want to talk to me. So I let her be"I could tell he was sad I mean they've been dating for quite a long time.

"What do you think is going to happen next"I ask hoping that I wouldn't be the reason they break up.

"I'm probably just going to try to talk things put and if that doesn't work imma have to break things off"He looks down at his hands then up at me.

"Well i'm glad that your going to try to talk things out with her, because even though youn really do that sappy shit I know that you are in love with her"I say giving him a joking smile.

"Whatever but anyways you want to order food and watch a movie"He changes the subject, "Well yes to the movie, no to the food but only because I have a date tonight and I need to be able to eat all that food"I mentally slap myself for mentioning the date.

"Wait hold on, back the fuck up. Date!?"He smiles widely, "Wait don't tell me, it's that one nigga that asked fo your number when we was at the deli that one day?"

How does he even remember that.

"It's Darrian"I say in a low whisper, "Wait Darrian as in Ddot?"His eyes widen.

"Yup I don't know why this is such a surprise I mean you know that we kissed, so this is just us taking the next step"I say in a duh tone.

"Yeah but you kinda gave off 'it's never gonna happen again' vibes"Hate to admit but he was right.

"Let's just watch the movie"