024 ˢᵘᵍᵃʳʰⁱˡˡᵈᵈᵒᵗ

CHAPTER: 24

FRIDAY, July3
5:36pm, 2023

IT WAS TIME for me and Darrian's date and I was so excited except for the fact that I couldn't pick out an outfit, "Notti your no help! What do I wear?"I snap at him panicking because he would be here to pick me up in twenty minutes.

"Didn't you say this was a casual date like nothing fancy?"He questions and I mentally slap myself realizing he was right that I said that, "So maybe that white skirt, with that white and black sweater that say harlem and those panda dunks"He points at each item.

"Oh wait because that's cute, thank you Notti"I smile hugging him, "Now get out so I can change"I push him towards the door. As I was slipping the sweater on my phone starts to vibrate signaling that someone was calling me. Seeing as it was Ddot I press answer, "I'm picking up the food right now so i'm like give me ten minutes"He says into the phone.

And for some dumb reason I put a thumbs up in the camera, except we weren't on facetime, "Ok I just have to do my hair"I lie before hanging up seeing as he couldn't.

I pull my hair down into a low ponytail before getting started on my makeup, which today was only going to be mascare and lip liner with chapstick.

I know it sounds wrong but it looks right.

When I finally finished my lip liner and applied my chapstick I slip the panda dunks on. Looking into the mirror I smile because I really do like how i'm looking right now. I feel like this type of style fits me more rather than a crop top and sweats or even my graphic tee with jeans thing.

I walk downstairs to then find Darrian and Notti chopping it up on my couch, "Hey"I walk up to him and give him a light hug before grabbing his hand, gesturing for him to get up.

"That is my cue to go y'all have a good date"Notti stands up from the couch and after collecting all of his things he eventually leaves, leaving me and Darrian alone, "So what do you want to do first games, eat, or movies?"He ask pulling a few games out of his bag, "Wait we're not going to your place?"I ask preferably remembering the date being scheduled at his place since he had more things.

"Nah my mom has my little cousins over so if we go none of them will leave you alone"He laughs probably thinking about the young kids.

"Ok but could we possibly go over there after our date? I would love to meet your cousins and maybe even your mom"I knew I was pushing it a bit especially since I was the one that said I wanted to take things slow but I can't help but wonder who the people that he's been around all his life.

I don't know if it's just me but whenever i'm with someone, meeting their family would definitely be up there on the things to accomplish on the list of things to do in a relationship. Maybe that's weird but that's just always been a thing with me, "Is there something i'm missing?"He questions now fully turning his body to talk to me.

"No i'm just in my head about to much things"I reassure him before changing the subject, "Ok let's eat first"I uncross my legs before grabbing the bag he had brought, "You want to pick out a movie while we eat?"He asks as he unties the bag, "Ok I know  what i'm about to ask is going to sound really childish but can we play questions?"I ask only because I feel like that's the best way to get to know someone without having to wait weeks to learn things about each other.

"Nah it's not childish and yeah we can play but you go first"He opens his container and starts to eat, "I feel like this is most asked but describe me in three words?"I take a bite of my chicken waiting for him to answer, "That's kind of hard but i'd go with quiet, funny, and slow burner"He finishes.

"Why quiet?"I ask genuinely wanting to know since no one has ever usually used that as a word to describe me, "Well I think that you have layers and your very protective of those layers so I think your very quiet about like your personality even to those who have pulled some of those layers down"He tries to explain it in a short and sweet way.

"Weird to say but thank you? I didn't know you thought to deep into how I act"I couldn't help the smile creeping up on my face because part of me knew he was one hundred percent right about everything he had just said. And we'll the other part of me wants this giddy feeling to go away because I knew it meant that I was leading to a serious relationship.

"Ok my turn. What makes you calm down when your freaking out?"He asks a question I didn't think would be asked, "It depends on the situation like if it's with a friend or family member just caressing me precisely on my knee would do the trick but with my partner kissing me on my forehead and my outer thigh always sends a calm nerve through my body"I answer.

"I want to kiss you right now"He looks at my lips and I smirk, "What are you waiting for?"I ask now looking at his as well,  "The right moment"He looks back up to my lips, "And when will that be?"I grin pressing my lips together. He placed his hand on my neck softly before turning my head and whispering into my ear, "Right about now"He turns my head to then pull me in and kiss me.

Sorry if that kiss made you a bit uncomfortable but I folded writing that.