5. You have cancer.

Czarina's PoV:

Beep.... Beep.... Beep....
The sound of the monitor was oddly comforting and I found myself not wanting it to stop. I opened my eyes to bright lights. Am I dead already? But I didn't have my first kiss yet, at least one I can blush about. No wait, it was just the sun playing tricks.

"How do you feel?" I looked around the room for the voice. It was Vivian, she was seated in a chair next to my bed.

"I don't know actually. It's hard to tell." I looked down at myself and noticed that my dress was missing. I was wearing a big dress made for patients. I don't know what they're called.

"Oh. Well the doctors had to take some blood to see what was bothering you." She said, looking down.

"Thank goodness, I hate hospitals. I need to go home and- oh God, cheer practice! We have a tournament next week." I said as a doctor walked into the room.

"Oh, you're up. Great!" It was the same male doctor who told me I would be fine, God bless him. "I'm Doctor James, by the way." He made his way to the other side of my bed and sat on it. "How do you feel?"

"Yea, I'm not tired anymore." I lied. I was beyond tired, but not as in tired enough to go sleep. More like tired all the time, even when I just woke up. The doctor gave me a look, probably knowing I was lying.

"Okay, but I have news for you, good and bad." He said, looking over his clipboard. "Which do you want to hear first?"

"What is the good news?" I asked nervously.

"Well, we found out what to do for your sickness, but it's risky." He said, looking up at me.

I looked over at Vivian who was quiet the entire time.

"Wait, sickness? What sickness?" I asked, trying to sit up straight but not having the energy.

"That's the bad news. You have cancer." He answered. Silence.

Silence. Silence. Silence. The only noise came from the beeping. I could see, from the corner of my eyes, Vivian's eyes go wide.

"Doctor are you sure?" She asked for me. I will never be able to take this in.

"Blood never lies." He said, getting up. "Listen to me ladies, I've had many cancer patients and all were a success. So you girls have nothing to be bothered about, okay?" Vivian nodded.

I tasted the tears before I felt them. What do I tell my family? How would my mom react? Or my dad? Was I going to make it?

"Oh honey, don't cry. You're strong enough to push through, you know that." Vivian was sat on my bed. I leaned onto her for comfort. She rubbed my arms soothingly.

"Weren't you supposed to be at school?" I asked her. She nodded.

"Yes, I'm leaving now. The doctors said I can't keep visiting you, only family. They said, I can visit only on Saturdays." She said, getting teary eyes. It was my turn to soothe her.

"Well then, Saturday it is." I told her with a smile.

"Your parents are coming tomorrow, so be prepared." She said as she wiped her eyes dry. I nodded, knowing what she meant by 'be prepared'. My mom doesn't take bad news as good as my dad.

"Thanks for everything Vivian." I told her. She smiled and left the room.

Minutes later and I was already bored. I guess the news hadn't sunk in yet. The doctors gave me a button to press when I needed them, and I did. I pressed the button and not seconds did a doctor came into the room. She smiled at me before coming by my side.

"Sorry to bother, but is it possible for me to roam the place?" I asked, knowing she would say no. I wasn't as tired anymore.

"Of course, feel free. But I'd advised you to place that button around your neck, so you wouldn't forget it." She said, helping me up.

"Oh, okay. Thank you. Do you know where I can get some strings to make a chain for it?" I asked her. She laughed and told me to wait there as she go get it. She came back with a black, elastic string. I thanked her and made the necklace with the button. The button was quite small and fit nicely around my neck.

I was now wandering around the hospital, bare feet and all. The dress I wore was big but comfy. There were many patients in my section, but none my age. That disappointed me, at least I would've had someone to chat to. I turned back around to head to my room when I bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking, obviously." I said to the girl on the floor. She looked up at me and smiled. She looked familiar, where had I seen those eyes before? I held my hand out for her and she took it. She was absolutely beautiful, it almost made me cry.

"Thanks, and quit yapping." She laughed out. She had an English accent. She looked to be around my age, with black long hair that stopped at her waist, and pink full lips. Her blue eyes even smiled at me. I smiled at her as she stood to my level.

"Again I'm sorry. I'm Czarina by the way. I'm new here." I told her. She shook my hand.

"I'm Ina, pleasure to meet you. It's my second year here. I've been fighting all my life." She said frowning.

"Well you've come this far, I'm sure you're going to kick cancers butt." I told her smiling.

"You and me both!" She exclaimed. "We're going to make cancer feel weak." She all but shouted. I couldn't help but laugh at her as a patient nearby threw her a scowl.

"Tomkins, get in here!" We heard a doctor yell. "Oops, have to go." She said waving a goodbye. I waved back as well and went back to my room. My room. How long will I be here for? When I walked inside, my parents were already there.

"Mom, dad, when did you came?" I asked them in shock. Mom was already crying, as well as dad. "I thought you were coming tomorrow?"

"Oh honey....." Mom pulled me towards her, burying me in her arms. "Honey...." She kept saying.

"Mom, can't breathe." I muffled. She quickly let go of me, but kept me close. "I'm going to be fine, besides its not that bad as you may think. It's not severe. It's probably just a minor thing." I told her reassuringly.

My mom began sobbing again as my dad walked over to me, his eyes red. "Sweetheart, we got word from your doctor that the cancer was spreading by the second and you might not make it to next year. He said they have to keep you." My dad was now crying.

"That's not fair! He said I would be okay dad! All we need is faith, you, me and mom. We can get through this together!" I was shouting and crying uncontrollably at the same time. "Please don't give up on me, please." I told them as my body shook.

"We would never! You know that, we will always be here, have your back. Don't ever ask us that stupid question again. You hear me? Come here." My dad pulled me towards him and hugged me tight, this time I didn't care if I couldn't breathe, all I cared about was surviving.

|End|Of|Chapter|.
|Hoped|You|Enjoyed|.
|Comment|Vote|Share|.
|Thanks|For|Reading|.
|Love|Loren|.