8. The truth.

Czarina PoV:

It was very quiet when I woke up, was I even asleep? I don't think so. The sun was very bright today and I didn't feel like myself. I tried to get up, but my body felt week causing me to lay limp on the mattress. My head felt naked and cold all of a sudden and I reached my hands towards my head and felt that I was still very bald. I hated this! I hated everything right now! This cancer, this stupid chemotherapy, and my shortened life. I grunted out loud before my room door opened. It was Carlo. I quickly grabbed my bandana off the bedside table and tied it around my head.

"Can I come in?" He asked but came in anyways. I have to say, I was a bit embarrassed at my appearance.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey. How you feeling?" He asked. I hated that question.

"Great, can't you tell?" I didn't mean to sound rude, but I hated the way he was so cautious with me. Like I was just some sick girl with cancer to him.

"I'm sorry. When were you going to tell me?"

"Should I have?"

"I guess..." He said. "But either way I already knew."

"I figured. How did you know?"

"Czarina, my sister has cancer as well. I've seen the symptoms before." He said with a smirk.

"I guess so. How is she by the way?" I asked.

"She's holding up, they wouldn't let her leave her room since they think it's her fault you're in this condition. They say she influenced you to leave." He said with a shrug.

"That's just nonsense. She's a really good friend." I told him with a smile. "So, you knew?.."

"At first I thought you were just visiting someone, a grandma like you said, but then I caught on to the symptoms very quickly." He explained. Crap.

"Oh.."

"Can I ask you something? Why'd you lied?" He asked.

Pause.....
Pause........
Before I could answer him, Ina walked in with the cutest puppy in her hands. I inwardly sighed, a sigh of relief before smiling up at her and embracing her in a hug. She placed the puppy on my bed and sat down next to me. She looked bright and happy at the same time.

"How you feeling Hun?" She asked as she rubbed my arms soothingly. I smiled at her.

"I'm great, how about you? Still ruthless?" She laughed aloud.

"Oh you know me all too well. But I came to tell you about a party happening soon."

"Oh, the doctors decided to throw a party after all?" Sounds okay.

A cell phone went off before Ina could answer me, it was Carlo's phone. "Sorry ladies, gotta take this." He said as he stood up with the phone to his ear. After he left the room, Ina turned her attention back to me.

"Anyways, no. We're going to a party tonight." She announced.

"What, no. I can't escape again, you saw what happened Ina." I can't believe she would put me through that again.

"Relax girl, I'm not gonna make you 'escape' again. The doctors allowed me permission since it's my mothers birthday."

"Oh. I'm so sorry-"

"Oh whatever." She laughed. "Now are you coming, it's gonna be at the prison."

I couldn't help but laugh at that. So ironic. "Weird but cool, I'm in."