Chapter 1

"Ah come on, don't be a pussy." Jacob said giving Connor a playful nudge on the shoulder. "It's just a lighter, it won't kill you." Jacob said clearly trying to pressure a bit of excitement from Connor. "How the hell did you even get this anyway? I mean, people don't just go about handin' out lighters to kids!" Connor said trying to stall having to play with a lighter. "Stop being a bitch and light the damned thing!" Jacob said losing his patience with Connor. "Get Leo to do it man, I've too much on my mind already today, can't be arsed with you right now." Connor says waving his hand on Jacob's face trying to get him to go away. "Oh yeah? Like what? You seeing the ghost of your dead cat mate?" Jacob said with a laugh. "Oh ha ha, we'll see how funny it is when Fifa dies, and if you must know I found the streets eerily quiet on my way to school."

Jacob chuckled and as the bell rang he said. "You're just being superstitious. I'll hound you with the lighter again at break okay?" Jacob said walking chuckling to himself. Connor shook his head and walked off into school where first and second period went by really uneventfully and soon enough break time rolled around and Connor walked off into the playground having shoved the lack of people in the morning to the back of his head. "Hey mister superstitious! Look! Cars!" Jacob yelled out pointing to a couple of cars passing by the school on the road.

"Oh yeah, very funny Jacob it was just a coincidence I know." Connor said rolling his eyes and walking over to the small group of people. "Are we going to the shops? Because Hannah asked to meet me there." Leo piped up. "Why do you still hang out with her after all the drama she's caused?" Sophie said like she was thinking aloud. "We're still friends just not as close anymore." Leo said quickly trying to justify still hanging with her. "Honestly I don't care what Hannah does." Connor said looking off at the construction of the new school. "She's neutral in my books." Jacob sniggered and piped up. "Didn't ask." He said in a mock monotone  voice. "You're hilarious Jacob now hush." Connor replied like he actually had a good response. Jacob walked over to the bench dragging Sophie by the arm with him as he went as Leo wandered off to go meet Hannah. "What do you mean 'neutral' you fat gimp." Jacob joked as Connor sat next to him. "Don't mind her, she's alright to talk to every now and again." He said and Jacob nodded. "Fair enough." He agreed as Sophie got up and started walking towards a group of girls and Jacob chuckled. "And we now return to 'Jacob cheated on me because he dared so much as mention Hannah." Jacob whispered and Connor rolled his eyes. "You truly are hilarious." He commented as a police car rolled into the playground.

 The two sat there with Jacob showing him a video on his phone when he randomly spoke. "Did you see Chun Him this morning?" Jacob asked, his eyes scouring the playground for any signs of him. "No, there's a good few people off today, there's probably just the bug that's been going around or something, don't bother shitting yourself over it." Connor said unable to locate Chun Him anywhere in the playground. "He'll be back tomorrow don't panic." Connor concluded turning back to Jacob who was still looking over the playground for him. "I'm not so sure, my cousin has that bug." Jacob told Connor who nodded. "Which one? There's twenty bloody four." He said to which Jacob rolled his eyes. "Yes, yes I know but one of them has it, gives her a mild fever nothing more." Jacob explained and Connor squinted in the sun while trying to look at Jacob. "C'mon there's the bell, let's go we have fourth period together." Connor said slinging his bag over his shoulder

Break came to a close with the intrusive bell going off. "What do we got next?" Connor asked turning to Jacob. "New timetable so we won't have the same class most likely. "Uh, lemme check." Jacob replied pulling up a picture of his timetable on his iPad. "I have physics so you'll have chemistry I'd imagine." Jacob said putting his iPad away. Third period went by smoothly and Connor and Jacob got halfway into fourth period the teacher started coughing violently. "Bug?" Connor whispered and Jacob shook his head. "No probably just dust, keep playing, get the new question." Jacob said motioning to the Blooket game open on Connor's iPad.