Chapter 4

The people in question were some kids from the groups year at school and these three kids were Daniel, Cameron and Layla. At the sight of Layla, Freyja couldn't help but to poke fun. "You look like a dog took a shit on your face and you mistook it for sun cream." She's says laughing at Layla's ridiculous fake tan that hadn't quite come off yet. "Well I  don't know what gives you guys the right to storm in here and start demanding we fucking leave!" Sophie yells at Cameron who was starting to get irritated at her. Jacob and Connor notice this and give each other a nod and try to diffuse the situation. "How'd you guys even get here anyway? Far as we can see, everyone outside is either a walker or dead." Connor remarked looking expectantly to them for answers. "We have more in our group, they hung back to deal with the dead outside." Daniel said finally speaking up and as if on cue someone from the group runs inside.

"Walkers are becoming too much outside. Nobody knows how to effectively kill then as beating them to death doesn't seem to work." The guy said breathing heavily like he'd just run a marathon. While the confusion continued into sun down eventually everyone was gathered around a long table at McDonald's to discuss what to do. "Alright so just to head count here we have Daniel, Layla, Cameron, Stanislas and that's it right?" Leo asked as everyone got settled but then another girl came running into McDonald's. "Hannah? How the hell'd you end up with these guys?" Connor asked like he'd seen satan with Jesus. "Chance." Hannah replied sitting down at the table as well. "Great, that makes 10 people." Sophie muttered trying not to be heard. "And do you have a problem with that?!" Layla snapped at Sophie. "Just saying it's a lot of people to feed and keep alive." Sophie said shrugging trying to avoid conflict when Layla grabs the scruff of her top.

"Well you guys can just leave if you think that way! There's no more laws, I could kill you right here!" Layla yelled as she threw Sophie to the floor but just then Jacob drew a knife on her. "We do not kill the living." He said coldly as this was enough to make Layla back off but her yelling had drawn a few walkers to the window. "Alright let's move, I don't like having the dead watching me." Connor said standing up and everyone followed suit and walked over to where the post office used to be. "Alright so the long and short of it is, we have 10 people and some of those people want us to leave because why?" Connor asked raising an eyebrow at the new group. "Because, we don't like you guys and to be quite frank yous we're really weird in school." Layla said speaking her mind once again. "Shut up! Just because me and Jacob never wore ridiculous Nike get up and sucked on a stick of blue raspberry flavoured lung cancer didn't make us weird! Normal if anything!" 

Layla smirked at this, clearly enjoying the reaction she was getting from him. "And what about Sophie? She the weird one." She said smirking and a few of the kids in her group joined in on the sniggering. "Is she word because she didn't wear a leather jacket, horrible fake tan, carry around a hand bag and jump from boy to boy every goddamn month?!" Connor said raising his voice as he was getting agitated by the comments. "You are seriously getting on my last nerve." Connor said staring Layla directly in the eyes. "Yeah well, we're still the ones everyone wanted to be friend with." Layla said that smug look still on her face. "And what a mistake they made." Connor snapped back now trying to finish the conversation.

Just then Layla made a grab for the neck of Connor's jumper but as she did this Connor brought his knee up to her gut and she was sent tumbling to the ground in pain. "What the fuck!" Daniel yelled kneeling down to help her up. Connor just stood there glaring at Layla. "Don't test my patience." Connor said before walking off into the shop to collect himself after what just happened. The other nine people were still reeling from what just happened as all through out school Connor had always been the one to avoid conflict wherever possible and not cause it let alone fight back against someone. When no one was looking Freyja slinked off with the screwdriver they'd found earlier. "Keep an eye on the members of the suicide squad please." Cameron said watching Freyja take the fence off the display.

Despite not liking Freyja much, Jacob walked up to Cameron and punched him full force in the face sending him to the ground as well. "We are not the suicide squad, for one there's more then four people in our group and two, we don't even closely resemble emo people." Jacob said giving Cameron a kick to the gut to add insult to injury. "Yeah whatever." Cameron said brushing Jacob off as he knew full well he just called them that because they never acted like the people he was used to. Violent kids who wear Nike and suck away on lung cancer all day long.

As night fell over the Asda the two groups set up on opposite sides of the shop with the new group winning McDonald's and The Wall having to sleep down by the post office. As everyone fell asleep Jacob layed awake staring at the ceiling counting all the walkers he could hear. "Go to sleep." Hannah hissed from a few sleeping people away. "Shush, I don't even know why you're here, you practically betrayed us in school." Jacob whispered back trying not to get too annoyed. "Well that was before, treat this as a whole new life, a fresh start." Hannah said trying to sound convincing but failing miserably. "Yeah whatever you say Hannah." Jacob said turning on his side and eventually drifting off to sleep as Hannah muttered something under her breath that Jacob didn't quite catch as he drifted off.