Chapter 23

The day went by smooth which was pleasant for everyone after they'd just been through hell to get to Asda in the first place so it was a nice change of pace that's for sure. Jacob however couldn't seem to shake this inching feeling that Iona was suspiciously different to how she was before, like a huge shift in tone. She used to be all eccentric and really annoying now she had this almost forced sense of welcoming and kindness. In short Jacob didn't like how eager these people were to take in others but he kept it to himself as he didn't wanna spoil everyone's time. Unless Connor was there, then he wouldn't really mind. The Wall plus Iona were sitting around a table chatting when Iona suggested they play a game really out of nowhere. "Who fancies a game?" She asked as Hannah got all excited. "Game of what? What're we doing?" She asked like a puppy that was about to have ball thrown for it.

Iona slammed a bottle of tequila on the table and everyone was seriously taken aback by this. Jacob didn't like this one bit but wanted to be subtle about his suspicion. "Is this really the best idea? Get a load of 13 year olds drunk?" Jacob asked. "Actually I'm 14, so is Lily." Sophie said and Jacob rolled his eyes chuckling. "Yeah alright but even still is this a good idea?" Jacob asked and he seemed to have Sophie's vote in this as well. "Yeah, we can still play a game without the drinking." Sophie said as Iona shrugged. "Stay out then, we'll have the fun." She said as she popped the top of the bottle and Jacob stood up. "I'm gonna go find Clementine, Philip still has her with him after all these hours which is odd but hey it's probably nothing." Jacob said as he waved goodbye to everyone and Sophie got up to follow him. "I still have the bottle of alcohol from when we were first here." Sophie said as they walked through the store. Jacob chuckled and put his hands in his pockets. "The worlds gone to shit sure but I tell you when we have even a days peace. We're gonna go on a date, we have to." Jacob said as Sophie took his hand. "It'll be just like the good old days. Connor will third wheel, we'll make out while Connor sits adjacent to us and I'll touch your butt as per usual." Jacob said thinking back to good times. "I can call Connor fat again!" Jacob exclaimed forgetting that Connor was missing.

As they kept walking and chatting to each other they heard Philips voice echo from down by the old warehouse in the back. "That's what you get for nearly spoiling our chances." They heard Philip say. It was faint but they were sure of it. They gave each other a look and cautiously moved to where the voice had come from and they hid behind a box until Philip walked into the back. "Are you sure this is a good idea?" Sophie asked as Jacob nodded. "I'll use my unending charm to rizz him up." Jacob said like it was his plan. Sophie sighed taking that as good enough and the two moved into an adjacent room to their left. To their right was just a wall and to forward was the entrance to the back of the store. Jacob and Sophie walked into the room and saw Clementine's stuff lying on a table. Jacob turned to Sophie with a curious look on his face. "Think he's coming back for that?" Jacob asked as Sophie just shrugged. "Don't know and I don't really care." She replied as Jacob ran over to Clementine's stuff and helped himself. "Mine and mine and.. oh yes you're definitely mine." Jacob said pulling a WWE figurine from her bag. "I didn't know Clementine was a WWE fan." Jacob said as he took the figurine. As Jacob of kept looting her things, Sophie walked further back and let us a gasp.

Jacob came over playing with a lighter as he looked down to see Clementine with a slit in her neck. "Oh god." Jacob said as he looked at all the blood on the walls and around Clementine's neck. Just then Philip had a crossbow by Jacob's head. "You've seen enough." He said as Jacob slowly turned round. "Rizz mode engage." He muttered as Sophie smirked. Philip scowled but decided to explain the scene instead. "So, I bet you're curious as to what happened." Philip said menacingly. "Well I'll tell you. Clementine here refused to give up her stuff meaning they wouldn't take us in so I had to have a little chat with her." Philip said as a twisted smile spread across his face. Sophie whispered something to Jacob that she'd remembered. "Don't forget this guy is mildly schizophrenic." Sophie whispered as Philip sighed. "I can hear you and no this is not schizophrenia, this was of my own accord." Philip explained as Jacob thought back to his old motto, 'we don't kill the living' and then he looked at Philip with the crossbow and then back to the gang scenario Connor had. Jacob put his hands in the air as Sophie stared at him confused.

Jacob winks to Sophie as he smacks the crossbow right out of Philip's hand and grabbing his neck, slammed him to the floor as he stood up and started kicking him repeatedly. He stopped to catch his breath but Philip stood up and Jacob wasn't gonna stand for that so he quickly grabbed Clementine's knife from her bag (which he hadn't stolen yet) and jumped onto Philip knocking him over and bringing the knife down into his neck as blood started spraying everywhere and all over his face. Philip died quickly after that as Jacob stood up and did one of those badass victory poses but reality quickly slapped him in the face. He'd just ended a living persons life and once his body was found and the blood was seen on his face they'd put two and two together and kill him. Flight or fight kicked in quickly and Jacob grabbed a flabbergasted Sophie and pulled her back towards the canopy as sprinted in as all eyes were on him.

Hannah glared at him and put down her uno cards. "Excuse me, this is a bad time. I'm losing already as is this doesn't help matters." Hannah said but stopped talking when she saw the blood. Iona stood up quickly and looked him up and down. "What did you do?" Iona asked as Jacob thought whether to tell the truth or not. In an effort to save his own skin he hid the truth. "Walkers in the back, they came out and me and Sophie got attacked." Jacob said as Iona started to worry and ran off to get others as Jacob stated grabbing everyone and pulling them up. "Okay this is very urgent! We need to go right now! I lied there were no walkers I just killed Philip." Jacob said as everyone stared horrified at him. Hannah seemed the most shocked out of all The Wall. "Why?!" She exclaimed. "You better have a good answer for this!" She shouted as Jacob put a hand over her mouth. "Shut up and listen. Remember when Philip went to have a 'chat' with Clementine about handing over weapons. Yeah he took her to the back and killed her." Jacob said as Hannah shook her head. "I don't believe you." She said as Jacob sighed. "I don't care if you believe me or not but we need to go now!" He insisted as Hannah shook her head. "No, I'm not coming with you. I'm staying here so you and your murder of innocent men and get out." Hannah said as Jacob became annoyed. "He's not innocent!" He exclaimed but Hannah rolled her eyes. "I don't really care, who else is going with him?" Hannah asked as the whole Wall became uneasy.

Jacob slammed a fist down on the table. "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not! If you don't get out of here now they'll probably kill you all! You don't have a choice in this this time around! Either you come and stay in The Wall or you hang back here and leave The Wall." Jacob said kinda contradicting himself as he said they had no choice but provided them with a choice but its whatever. This message seemed to get through to everyone (except Hannah) and they all started running for the exit as quickly as the possibly could. Jacob glared at Hannah once more before leaving her behind with no intentions of ever seeing her again. Once The Wall was safely outside Jacob did a quick headcount. "Alright, Sophie, Leo, Lily, Freyja and me. There's only 5 of us now unfortunately but we all know each other so it should help communication." Jacob said as everyone was still rather unwilling to speak back to Jacob. Obviously Jacob noticed this and realised he'd come on a bit harsh but a few walkers had spotted them so it was an issue for another time. Jacob took point as everybody else stuck close to him as they knew he had a plan and have a plan he very much did.