Chapter 10

Hannah wakes up bright and early the next morning and walks up to one of the soldiers. "Do you guys have any blueprints of this place by chance?" Hannah asked trying to be friendly but the guard sticks a gun to her head. "Get lost, and no we don't have blueprints." The soldier says turning back to his buddy as Hannah walks off annoyed and is forced to steal some A3 paper from an artsy kids table and lays it out surveying the empty sheet of paper. "Perfect, absolutely fuck all." She says grabbing a pencil and looking at the walls before beginning to scribble down some notes as Clementine sneaks over. "Sorry that took me so long. Soldiers fucking everywhere." She adds and sits down with a sigh. "You have your plan of great escape yet?" She asks giving Hannah's notes a read over. "No, I just have some notes about what the walls are built out of and how often the guards change position which ain't very often I'll admit." Hannah the steps back and lets Clementine read over all the notes. "Well damn." She says. "You know more about this place then some of the soldiers do so that's an impressive feat." Clementine remarks as she looks back up at Hannah. "We'll go and scout out more info and that'll be our job for the day. How's that sound?" Clementine asks and Hannah nods in response. "Yeah, that's be nice. It would certainly help that's for sure." She says quite happily getting up and walking to the edge of the tent.

Clementine and Hannah walk around their section of the camp chatting about before and all the fond memories they had with their families before it all started. Hannah then spots an extremely corroded part in the fence. "Sorry, Clem. Your story about the first few days is interesting but this seems like our escape route to be." She says proud she was the one who spotted it first. "Lemme give this a kick I'll see if it comes flying loose." She says walking up to it and Clementine steps back to provide Hannah with the needed space. Hannah take a run and hard kick to the bit of corroded metal and it flies off immediately and there's a very gap that could fit one scrawny person at a time. "Alright then! Not bad Hannah, good find!" Clementine says supportively as Hannah peers out the gap. "I have no idea where we are but we'd be in town somewhere if anywhere." Hannah replies pretty damn ready to leave the new born QZ.  "I'll go notify the others, even though Jacob is probably dealing with Leo." Clementine then lets out a groan off annoyance as she look back. "I was meant to help with that goddammit!" Clementine exclaims as she runs off to sneak through to the third section of the camp. 

"You can't be be fucking serious! You'll die here in this bleak, sad military camp!" Jacob yells as him and Leo are in a heated argument over Leo wanting to leave or not. "So what! I'm happy here! I don't wanna be out on the road with the forever looming threat of walkers and the slow corruption of human beings!" Leo shouts back justifying his choice to stay. "Layla and Stanislas are quite happy to stay here as well! So are like 90% of the people in this camp!" Leo adds still angry that Jacob cares so much about whether he stays or goes. Clementine walks up to Jacob's side and that shuts him up for a second. "And where were you for the last half hour?" Jacob asks in an annoyed tone. "I got caught up helping Hannah with her escape plan and things took longer then I expected them to but it's okay now, I'm here." Clementine concluded looking at the scene before her. "Listen Leo, I don't know you and I don't know why you wanna stay in this dump because the little martial law they've put in place here will be overthrown eventually." Clementine says sounding true to her word. "They're setting up others in cities like Glasgow and Dundee so Edinburgh isn't special it's just the biggest one." Clementine adds trying to come off as official sounding. 

Leo turns to Layla and asks her to try and knock some sense into Jacob and Clementine and Layla really digs into them. "You two can just fuck off alright? Leo doesn't need your shit right now okay? If you care so much about him leaving then stay yourselves! It's not that big a deal!" Layla concludes as her, Leo and Stanislas walk off back into their tent. "Giant twat." Jacob mutters as he leans himself against a fence post trying to recompose himself. "Don't lose your shit over alright? It's just gonna be another conflict, one of many I'm sure." Clementine said very unreassuringly. "Ah cheers, that really helped." Jacob replied rolling his eyes and walking off as Freyja and Lily walk into Clementine's view in the middle of a heated argument.