Chapter 6

As soon as everyone made their way outside Hannah spoke up from the back of the group. "Right, so bit awkward this but I've kinda just left my bag in there." She said rubbing the sides of her nose like she was more irritated than embarrassed. "You gotta be joking, alright run along and quickly I don't any walkers seeing us out here." Jacob said leaning against a railing and waving Hannah back inside in a dismissing manner. Once she was gone Sophie let out a long sigh and turned to the group. "Who let her come with us?" She asked mildly annoyed. "Good question but I can personally guarantee that she'll be kicked out by someone from the other group." Connor said with a laugh as a figure appeared in the door way and Hannah was literally thrown out just by the scruff of her neck by Daniel.

As Daniel chuckled at this Cameron cam running to his side and said probably a little too loudly. "Some walkers just hobbled out from the storage area in back, we need you out there now!" He said hurriedly as he ran back inside. "Did you even get your stuff?" Leo asked raising an eyebrow at her. "No, they found me snooping around for my things and thought I was trying to raid the shop." Hannah said distastefully as she looked over her shoulder. "I'm gonna just leave it." She said sighing and looking at the barren streets ahead before Freyja spoke up from behind. "I'll run in and grab it." She said turning on her heel and drawing a knife but Jacob but a hand on her shoulder. "Remember what I said about killing the living?" He said sternly and Freyja was clearly hoping to get away a bit of murder. "Why shouldn't we?" She asked trying to see if Jacob would give an actual answer to this. "Because if the military gets their shit together you'd be arrested on account of murder." Jacob said still with his stern tone of voice.

Freyja just glares at him and storms off into the building and Lily lets out an annoyed sigh and walks up to Jacob. "Try being nicer to my girlfriend, please?" She asked like it was a serious issue. "I don't want her become a 'jump the gun' kind of person because that might cause trouble down the road and I've seen plenty of zombie media in my time to know what a dodgy group member can do to a group." He said quickly as if to get it through her head. "Does that make enough sense?" He asks slightly passive aggressively. "Yeah, yeah whatever." Lily said walking over to some steps and watching as walkers shuffle about not having seen the group yet. Jacob slinks back and speaks directly to Connor even pulling him aside slightly. "Oi, do you mind? I was sorting through my stuff." Connor snapped at Jacob. "Listen man, I'm just a bit concerned about how much having Freyja and Lily around is gonna affect the groups stability." Jacob said, his voice no lower then a whisper.

Before Connor can answer Freyja comes running out of the doors with Hannah's bag in her grasp. "Alright, time to go like now!" She said urgently. "Why so urgent? Freyja what did you do?" Jacob said raising an eyebrow at her. "Well it's nothing I did but me going in to grab the bag distracted the group from the few walkers." Freyja said as if she was expecting a slap from Jacob right after telling him this. Jacob had no time to get angry though as just then Layla and Stanislas came sprinting out of the door with two walkers close on their heels. "The idiots are gonna keep themselves killed!" Connor exclaims as the two try to fight off the two walkers that have surrounded them. "It's a bit sad really." Connor commented watching the poor display. "Shut up man." Jacob said laughing. "Like you've killed a walker!" He said jokingly and gave Connor a nudge in the ribs. "Oh yeah?" Connor said giving Jacob a smirk as Cameron came running outside to deal with the walkers surrounding the other two.

As he approaches the walkers one turns to him and catches him off guard and knocks him over as the walker takes a chunk out of Cameron's shoulder. The whole group stands there shocked before Connor sprints over and kicks the walker off driving a knife into its head fuelled by pure adrenaline. "W-what the hell." Connor said panting trying to catch his breath. "Oh god!" Layla suddenly exclaims from behind him as Connor gets shoved aside and Layla kneels down by Cameron's side and Connor walks back over to his group. "I've never seen her show so much compassion." Connor commented watching Layla actually be concerned over Cameron's life. "Aye, and I've never seen you do something so ballsy." Jacob added also watching the scene play out. "It was adrenaline, I hadn't any control there." Connor said putting his hands in the air.

Layla looks up at The Wall with tears in her eyes. "Guys, you gotta do something you can't leave him to die!" She says very stressed over this. Sophie looks at the scene and the two dead walkers as Stanislas had taken care of the other one. "What do you want us to do? It's common knowledge that if you get bit, you're one of them." Sophie says shrugging. "There's nothing we can do." She concludes leaning back on the railing. Connor looks from Sophie to Cameron on the ground. "Keep an eye on him, I did say these might not just be textbook zombies so just watch over him." He says listing off his limited zombie knowledge. "I think it goes if he develops a fever, it's over but I could be wrong. Still new to the apocalypse and all." He says with a shrug. "Well I'd say we just out right kill him, he'd just be dead weight." Sophie added with another shrug. "Also, weren't you the ones who wanted to kick us out just this morning?" She asks giving the three a look. 

Everyone sort of stands about unsure of how to actually handle a situation where someone gets bitten so they just sort of watch as the situation develops. After about 10 minutes Daniel comes running outside. "I've fixed the si-." He stops talking when he sees the sight of Cameron. "Oh dear god." He mutters. As everyone continues to debate about how they should go about curing him Leo points out his actual wound. "If we don't bandage it he's gonna bleed out." Leo remarks pointing to Cameron's shoulder. "He's lost a lot of blood already hence why he's still unconscious." Leo stands up and digs through his bag and pull out rubbing alcohol and some bandages. "I don't know how to use these but I'd assume it's just rub in the alcohol and apply the bandages." Leo then stands up and watches the barely breathing Cameron struggle to cling onto life. 

An agonising 10 more minutes passes by and after some dodgy medical treatment Cameron finally wakes up from his short nap. "W-what the hell happened?" Cameron asks looking around groggily. Layla tries to speak up but Connor cuts her off. "You got bit, I'm just gonna put it bluntly, you're more then likely fucked." Connor remarks as his expression turns to one of coldness and slight sadness. "There's a slim chance I'm wrong though but this could very well be your last day on this earth." Connor finishes and takes a deep breath staring off into space again and watches the crowd of walkers on the street to try and take his mind off the situation. As he does this Daniel walks up next to him holding a glass bottle. "What are you planning to do with that bottle?" Connor asks rather sceptical of what he's up to. "This." Daniel says and launches the bottle at a walker who rears its head to face him.

"Nice one, dumbass. We may be new to this whole thing but you don't throw a fucking bottle at them!" Connor says raising his voice a little as a couple more walkers turn their heads. "Shit, someone needs to get Cameron back in, like three or four people and a few stay out here to deal with this." Connor said drawing his knife from his pocket. "What are you doing?!" Jacob hisses towards Connor. "You can't take on that many walkers with just a knife!" Jacob says throwing his hands into the air. "No no, Daniel here is gonna help because he started this, aren't you Daniel?" Connor said giving Daniel a look of 'if you don't help me I'll make you do it yourself' and Daniel sighs and draws his own weapon, a sharpened chair leg. 

The other eight members of the group rush off indoors as Connor and Daniel stay outside and face the small herd of about 15 walkers all wanting to rip them apart. "Ready?" Connor asks as the first walker approaches and swallowing his morals he kick the walker to the ground and drives a knife through its skull. Daniel takes note of this and attempts to do the same but struggles to get the walkers down as most of them are slightly taller than him and he isn't that strong in general. "Watch yourself." Connor warns taking out another walker. "They're slow and dumb but in groups are really lethal." Connor adds grabbing another walker by the neck and slamming it to the ground bringing the knife through its eye socket. As the fight continues Daniel finds himself surrounded by a group of 5 or 6 walkers and Connor runs over to him and kill two of them but the other 4 pin Daniel down and begin to feast upon his flesh as screams of agony can be heard from the ground but they soon cease.