Chapter 2

The group is all sat around a table in McDonald's an hour later trying to debate their next move. "Well we can't stay here, others will eventually show up and they'll be armed so I suggest we move." Lily suggests trying to promote getting on the road as fast as humanly possible. "But look at all the food we have here! We have a whole store of snacks and other goods!" Jacob exclaims gesturing to the shop around them. "Aye, food that'll spoil in like a month." Lily retaliated. "Shut up, you don't get to act like you've been on the road for the last year, you got here 20 minutes ago and this all started like half an hour ago!" Jacob said become irritated at Lily coming off like she's a know it all who can always make the right call. "I've been out there long enough to know!" Lily exclaimed. "I fought through five of those undead freaks to get here and that nearly cost me my life!" She said sternly and Jacob groaned. "We need to call them something cooler and more original then 'the undead'." He said and Connor rolled his eyes. "Undead will do for now."

Before Connor can speak up, an undead grabs Leo's shoulder and tried to bite him but Lily smacks the thing with the chair leg, delivering enough blunt trauma to kill it. "Fucking walker." Connor muttered. "Oh hey, that's a good name." Jacob suddenly exclaimed. "Walkers! Because they're the dead, walking so therefore, walkers." Jacob leaned back like he just cured cancer and wanted to give himself a pat on the back. "Don't suck yourself off too hard there Jacob, we can't be the only people calling them 'walkers'." Connor said pointing at the dead walker by Leo's feet. "Why not zombie?" He added and Jacob shrugged. "Call 'em what you like, walker sounds cooler then zombie plus it's original." Jacob explained "Leo ain't bit right? An undead tends to kill you if you get bit." Sophie said looking Leo over to check for bites. "You're looking at Leo? So you're looking at another man? So you love Leo?" Jacob said in his old jokey tone of voice. "Not the time Jacob." Connor said shutting Jacob up. "We don't know what zombies we're dealing with here, they might not just be textbook zombies. They could have some special quirk." Connor said looking down at the walker on the floor. "Seems pretty textbook though." He shrugs and sits back.

As the sun sets Sophie and Jacob fell asleep on each others shoulder and Leo fell asleep writing in a journal he's keeping so when everything blows over there's records of the events the group went through. "Hey, Connor, you up?" Lily whispered over in Connor's general direction. Connor was staring sombrely into space clicking a pen. "Hm? Oh yeah, hi what's up?" Connor asks looking over towards Lily. "You seem alright so I'm trusting you with this." Lily says getting closer to him. "I have my girlfriend here with us." She said her voice no louder than a mumble. "I didn't wanna tell the others in case they flipped out over having another person to deal with." Lily said a somber look spreading across her face. "Okay then, where is she now?" Connor asks as Lily takes him over to the entrance of the shop. "I was with her when we got attacked by a walker on the way here, I didn't tell Leo I was bringing her either because it was meant to be a nice surprise. 

The girl sits up and glares at Connor. "Who's this? Your new fling or something?" She says angrily. "Alright, this may seem dire but no don't be stupid I'm not her 'new fling' as you put it." Connor said annoyed by the strangers rudeness. "Whatever, Lily, what're you playin' at? You can't hide me forever." The girl hisses trying to keep her voice down best she can. "Yes I know and I will don't worry, it'll be tomorrow because I want to get this group armed, not with guns Scotland doesn't just sell them in Tesco like in America." Lily sits down against a wall beside the stranger and the girl puts her arm around her. "It's fine, you'll think of something." The girl says as Connor walks over to the garden furniture display Asda had set up before. 

Connor examines the display and his eyes fall upon some slightly sharpened bits of fence that could take out a walker in a few jabs. "Hey, check this out, this could easily take out a walker right?" Lily walks over to Connor and follows his gaze to the fence and tries to tug it out. "Don't bother, I tried that today already, the thing must be screwed down into the display." The girl says from the corner. "Freyja, not now please, we'll just put some force into it." Lily says trying to lighten the mood and raise confidence. Connor takes a step back and runs up and kicks the fence but hurts his foot and the fence stays where it is. "Dammit, okay, that thing ain't budging without a screwdriver." Connor grumbles looking at the fence.

Freyja shakes her head and looks at the two. "I'll go with you to fetch that  screwdriver if it means having a line of defence against the walkers." She says finally walking up to the two. "You sure?" Connor asks giving Freyja a look. "Aye, it'll be fine there can't be that many walkers or survivors in this shop." Freyja says shrugging her shoulders. "For now, but there's bound to be more to show up." Connor replies looking outside to the walker ridden, dark streets. "Well, for now there ain't so we're fine." Freyja says also looking off into the streets.