Chapter 26

Jacob looked to the bag of guns and for a split second considered giving up but remembered how important he was and shook the thought away. Instead he opened the bag and handed large assault weapons to everyone, a couple people like himself even got some pump action shotguns as they now had enough ammo to choke an elephant they took aim on the horde just as they were closed in on and opened fire.

The firepower from a combined number of 9 people was helpful at pushing back walkers but some people from outside The Wall seemed to be struggling with the kickback and recoil of a few guns and even Jacob had to admit, his arm was becoming fatigued quick as they slowly began to lose the battle as the walkers were in numbers far too great for them to take out easily. As 4 focused the horde behind and 5 focused the horde in front they took back control of the situation but this minor victory was short lived however as the worst happened. The recoil from a shotgun blast sent Jacob falling back and into Katie who created a human domino effect that knocked over all 8 people. Now the situation was certain death and as Jacob closed his eyes and waited to be devoured he suddenly heard gunshots as he looked up and saw the figure from the roof dual wielding pistols as walker after walker dropped to the floor. Everyone caught on and got up assisting the person as they fought off the walkers as well. The added man power from this one skilled gun man was enough to finally make a break in the horde and in the small time they had they made a run for it and fuelled by adrenaline and determination they didn't stop running for what they felt to be hours but it was actually like 7 minutes..

They'd stopped outside what used to be a lovely cafe called 'the corner cafe' but the apocalypse took its toll on it making it seem a bit more uninviting and foreboding. Once everyone caught their breath all weapons were turned to the figure who had their back turned to them all. Jacob spoke first as he wanted answers. For some reason this figure had triggered that memory in his head and he wanted to know why. "Who are you?" Jacob said as the figure sighed. "This wasn't the circumstances I wanted to show myself in but I guess it's a good a time as any." A boys voice said as the figure turned around and pulled down his hood and took off his mask.