Chapter 11

Everyone was soon up and moving the next morning trying to figure out how to manoeuvre through the streets of town while avoiding walkers and patrol routes of the soldiers. "I mean, this could work but who's to say it will." Hannah said looking over the plan Jacob drew up last night. "It should be fine, their camps been up like what? Four days? They can't have heavily advanced patrol routes yet surely." Jacob said more trying to calm his own nerves more than anything. "You say this now but we'll step one foot outside that door and be swarmed by the military." Hannah replied being all skeptic about the plan. "Listen, this plan is the best thing we got going for us, this has to work it has to." Jacob said reiterating his willingness of the plan. "Well if we get captured by the soldiers then it's on you." Hannah told him making sure he knew this clear as day. "Fine but nothing bad'll happen okay?" Jacob said waving Hannah away to go over his plan again. "Alright fine, just as long as you're clear on that." Hannah then walked off to try and scrounge supplies from the bar. 

Connor was sat against a wall looking down at his rifle trying to figure out if he trusts himself with it or not when Hannah walked over. "Jacob wants the rifle out of your hands by the way. Doesn't want you to kill another living person." Connor looked up at her and then back at the rifle. "He'll learn soon enough." Connor muttered as he passed the rifle to Hannah. "I'm sure he will but until then he doesn't want that gun used by anyone." Hannah relies taking the gun and placing it on one of the bar tables. "The life's of 5 soldiers won't be misses amass the sea of them all over the Scotland and subsequently England and Ireland." Connor said trying to justify his actions. "I suppose the one I killed actually in the camp could've been dealt with a little better but nonetheless 6 kills over the course of 8 days isn't the worst." Connor continues to repeat that there are probably people out there who've killed more than just him. Hannah shakes her head and takes the gun and walks off handing it to Jacob who takes the clip out of it and places the clip in his pocket. "Good good. Hopefully this prevents the loss of more life." Jacob said switching the unloaded gun to safe even though it had no ammo in it. "Connor says to just wait until a living nearly kills you, then see how much it changes your mind." Jacob then looks over to Connor after Hannah tells him this and sees Connor digging through behind the bars counter looking for anything useful. "Huh, did he now. Well we'll see how long he lives when he kills everyone." Jacob looks away and at the unloaded gun on the table next to him. "Well y'know I doubt he'd kill everyone. He only killed them because they were posing a threat to us." Hannah remarks seeing the slight scowl on Jacob's face. "Just drop this little grudge you're holding. It won't help the group in the long run." Hannah said making sure to get the idea into Jacob's head. 

After a few more drafts of the plan were made Jacob called the rest of The Wall over to his table to discuss their next plan of action. "So here's the plan. We're gonna get out of town, out of the city as it's too dangerous to overstay our welcome. So we'll head out taking every alleyway we can see to avoid the guaranteed hordes of walkers on the streets and eventually find our way back home." Jacob then rolled up the sheets of paper and put them in his pocket as he waited for the response to his plan. "I mean it sounds decent, like it could work but who's to say we won't get caught in a horde or found by the military on the way back?" Sophie asks in the most supportive tone she can muster up. "We'll cross the bridge when we come it and my one rule for this trip is." Connor sighed and looked off as Jacob said this as he knew what was coming. "We don't kill the living. Only the dead." Jacob then went on the explain the route they were gonna take through all the different alleyways and all the roads they'd be forced to walk on and down. He also went through pointing out possible spots where walkers could be lurking. "Well it seems like a solid enough plan to me." Lily said walking over to where she was sat previously and grabs her stuff. "When are we leaving?" She asks looking out the door and then back to Jacob. "I'd say like now preferably." Jacob said before turning to the rest of the group. "C'mon, grab your things and let's move while we still have daylight." He then walked over to his bag but stopped and turned back around. "What were we all able to scavenge?" He asked as the military had taken all their supplies and the only weapon the owned was the AR.

Everyone sort of side glanced each other and that told Jacob they only really had bottle of alcohol and an assault rifle to their name. "Dammit. There might be a few stops along the way back as there's a certain area I'm gonna have to cut through to get back home." A look of annoyance spread across Jacob's face. "Oxgangs." He muttered and picked up his back and putting the AR in a strap on his bag indented for walking sticks he opened the door and took a deep breath. "Now or never." He said quietly and the whole group walked out into the bright streets.