Chapter 28

Jacob was up front talking to Sophie about what date they were gonna on when they had some peace and Connor and Eva were talking about how she nearly cut his finger off. Freyja and Lily were in a heated debate that got so heated that it overtook every other conversation. They were screaming about how Lily wasn't right for Connor and that Freyja was who she was meant to be with. It got so bad Jacob intervened as they were gonna draw walkers if they kept screaming at each other. "Alright the two of you. Shut up." Jacob commanded but Freyja pushed him away. "Fuck off, this doesn't concern you in the slightest okay?" She said as Jacob suddenly drew on her. "Oh yes it does. I saw you last night. Yeah that's right, you had Connor at gunpoint but were too much of a pussy to pull the trigger so stormed off instead. I saw it all!" Jacob said as Freyja drew her own gun on him. 

Lily couldn't bear to watch to without thinking grabbed Connor's hand while the 2 fought it out. "So what if I did! He's been nothing but a thorn in my side!" She yelled as Jacob shouted back. "He's done nothing to you! It's not his fault you're a terrible girlfriend!" Jacob yelled back and this cut deep and Freyja let off a warning shot that hit by Jacob's foot. "Oh wow, I'm fucking terrified." Jacob said sarcastically as some walkers had heard the gunshots and were curious. "As you should be! I will kill you right here right now!" Freyja said but she had another idea. As fast as lighting McQueen she grabbed Connor and held him in a choke hold as she put the gun against his head instead of Jacob's and backed closer and closer to walkers. "I'll do it. I'll kill us both!" She yelled as the walkers saw an easy breakfast headed their way. "Don't you dare!" Jacob yelled as Freyja kept backing up

Freyja was merely inches away from a walkers breakfast when Jacob sprinted at her and grabbed Connor. Jacob had Freyja by the scruff of her neck and was holding her just out of reach from the walkers. He and a choice, he could drop Freyja and have it over with or he could let her live to cause more trouble. The look in Freyja's eyes was 'do it' mixed with 'wait no don't' she couldn't decide which. Jacob scowled at her and said some final words. "Well, if you need to threaten people with suicide then maybe you are a shite girlfriend." Jacob said coldly as he let Freyja go, turned around and walked off. Not looking back once as the screams of Freyja echoed around the streets before they stopped and everything fell dead silent.

Jacob walked well ahead of the group and in total silence at that as nobody dared to speak to him or to speak in general as this is the first conflict within the Wall to cause an apparent death so it hit everyone like a ton of bricks but they had one final issue to face in their quest to their new home. It was another herd, this time smaller but more tightly packed so it'd be slower to fight though but Jacob didn't care at this point he drew his shotgun and everyone followed suit, grabbing their own guns and firing at the walkers. But remember how some couldn't handle the kickback. This problem resulted in those untrained to fall down. It started with Zoe, she was knocked back by her rifle and got flanked by a walker who got a bite in her neck. The next was Sophia who was doing fine with the gun but messed up her reload and got taken by the walkers. And finally Katie, she ran out of ammo and while trying to get more she got tripped by Sophia's body and the walkers subsequently eating her and suffered the same fate. Eva however, nobody was quite sure where she went but she sure as hell vanished. Everyone else but Jacob noticed the death and some were sick but others started crying and all the while Jacob stared right ahead and mercilessly killed walker after walker after walker.

It took a long while but once the horde had been fully cleared Jacob finally stopped but didn't turn around. "I know what I did back there was grim but I think you all understood why I had to do it right?" Jacob said turning around and facing the group he'd been so valiantly leading this entire time. Everyone eventually nodded in agreement as they all understood what needed to be done and they all knew they'd have done the exact same thing if it was them in the situation. They knew that clear as day but Jacob had to clear his name not for his status but for himself so he could stops feeling bad about it. "Alright everyone, let's stop. I know we're so close now but I need a rest and you all probably do as well." Jacob said sitting on the kerb and opening up a bottle of water.