12: Different

Gregory's POV:

We made to Evan's house and it was different from the others. Much bigger than the other houses in this neighborhood. " So this is your house, " I stated and he smiled. " Yeah, we lived here since my dad and my older half-brothers moved here. This house been here since very long time. So let's go inside get you patch up, " Evan said, I smiled for his kindness. 

He unlocked the door and we went inside. " Should be empty because the others went to work or some errands to run. I will get the med kit, stay in the living room, " Evan told to me and I sat down on the couch. This place gives me home vibes. This house was beautiful for being over decades old. I let go of my arm and it was bleeding badly. But I won't die because those scientists injected remnant into me or I think they did. But my blood is different for some reason, mom always told me to never get any cuts or wounds during school. Even as a toddler my blood was different colored. 

My blood color was always this glowing blue with a hint of white in it. It was never red, even my siblings' blood is red. But not mine. I never wanted to asked, because I was scared to get lectured or scolded for asking. So I was silent and then I hear footsteps. I looked up and I saw Evan. " I got the med kit, so are you okay? I am sorry if I interrupted your thoughts in your head, " he said, and I shook my head no.

He started to treat my arm and he didn't ask about my strange blood which I normally get a lot of questions about it. " Thanks, " I thanked, he smiled and I wanted to help with his wounds. I took the rag from his hand and I treated his wounds. I saw him blush for a bit before he looked away. I huffed out a little giggled, then I kept treating his wounds. After I yawned, I didn't get a lot of sleep last night because of nightmares.

I leaned on my head on Evan's shoulder. I didn't care about his reaction, I was just tired. I closed my eyes and I fell asleep.

Evan's POV:

Gregory fell asleep on me, with his head on my shoulder. I smiled warmly, I am guessing he was very tired. I was told he have insomnia like me, but mine is worse than his. I can't go to sleep for days on end, but I am still energized. I didn't care, but Gregory is more important than mine. I did take my meds all the time, but I have a feeling he doesn't take them. 

" A.L.E.X, I want you to check his mental state, " I told him in my mind and he took control. He scanned Gregory, then gave me the data about his mental state.

" His mental state been broken since he was experimented on as a kid. But he was been healing for a while. He is doing well, but he is still mentally scared in the inside like you were. When you were just a kid. The I.V is always monitoring him and his emotions. She makes sure he is doing okay. But his visions been spiraling since he was 12 years old. I am guessing from his trauma got worse from that age."

He was silent for a moment, " Due to his insomnia, cause him to be sleepy most of the time during the daytime. He is different compared to you, his traumatizing events he seen in his life are bad. But not as bad as yours was, he has good intentions for life. He once saw a future where Vince won. But he changed it by meeting you, he's been changing the future for a very long time, Evan. His visions are stronger than yours, he is the key to defeating Vince for good. You love him, don't you. You want to protect him from pain and trauma, " he paused, and he was doing something.

" His family, how overprotective are they?"

" They are very overprotective as I hear according to my dad. His family was always been since he was five. When I read his mind, he was different from the other minds I read in my whole life. His thoughts are constant worry about the M.I.M.I.C will hurt people and never care about his mental state. But when he has panic attacks, he thinks about them for some time. But then ignored them after that. I don't think he is doing well, he need a lot of help. I know his family is helping him, but I mean someone who could understand him," I explained to A.L.E.X in my mind.

" Like you, you can understand him. You used to not think about your mental state, you can help him. I am not good at mental state, but I.V is. You are the person who are good for it, because you are a bit similar and you love him, " he said, and I started to blushed. But I shake the feeling away, and I looked at Gregory. He was sleeping so peacefully. I only known for a few weeks, but it feels like months I known him for. I guess I am in love with him.

I need to think right now. But I held him close to me and I can understand trauma. I've been through it, but worse than my family went through. Yes, I may killed some night guards, but I had my reasons. Yes, I may killed a lot of people to protect my family. But the pain and experimentation Gregory went through, he didn't deserve. He was just a kid when he was kidnapped and got experimented on. Before Delphine helped him and Fable to get them back with their family. Yes, I know trauma and it knows me. The pain Gregory felt, he didn't deserve it as Fable. But I am guessing she has moved on.

But I have a bad feeling he didn't. He always scared to trigger a panic attack when we were going to get some coffee. He was shaking that day, it was a week ago. I knew there was something wrong with him. I looked at him again, at least he didn't get a nightmare. Maybe I do like him.