21: Back to the plex

Gregory' POV:

I woke up with a jolt and Evan held me close to him. " It's okay, the nightmare is over. I promise, " he soothed me and I was breathing heavily. I hugged his waist, tight, Evan started to stroke my hair to keep my calm. We stayed like this for a while and Evan is here for me now. " You didn't deserve that kind of pain, you went through, darling. No one is going to hurt you when I am here, okay? I am here now, no one is going to hurt you, " he told to me and I looked up at him.

He smiled, " Did you see anything in the Plex?" He asked to me and I looked at him. " Vince and random symbols like the ones on the plex walls and my right arm, " I answered, he looked surprised about the marks. I had marks on my right arm I was born with. He took my right hand and he moved the sleeve up. He stared at the marks which glow when I use techno-magic. But the marks has faint glow sometimes.

But the bracelet I wore prevent me from using techno-magic. " I was born with these marks, I thought I got these when I got the I.V program installed into me. But I was wrong, when I looked pictures of myself as a baby and kid. I saw the marks were there at the beginning. They only glow when I use techno-magic. I don't know why, " I explained to Evan and he listened to me as I was talking. 

" I guess this is another reason, they chose you, " Evan said and I nodded. " We need to go to the plex. Find those marks on the walls you said they were, " Evan said and I looked him with a look. " You can't that place is haunted with staff bots and ruined animatronics, " I warned and he frowned at me. " Then why were you there when I first met you there?" He asked to me and I was silent. He chuckled, " Of course, you are silent all sudden, Gregory~" he purred, I started to blushed really hard.

He laughed again and I slapped on the face, but not that hard. " Really, we are going no matter you say, " Evan said and I got off of him. He pulled me up and we left his room. " We need to eat lunch, first, " I told to him and he sighed. 

" We will get it on the way."

" Okay, Ev."

He started to blush when we left the house. We walked through the streets and alleyways of Hurricane. Then we almost the plex and I knew the plex was off limits to people who are going to film a video there. But we were allowed in because we were people who do research or need parts for stuff. We made back to the plex and we got in by the broken window. We landed on our feet. We got up and we looked around the place. 

" I think we should-"

" No, we are not doing that. We don't want him to attack you without me around. So we are going together, plus you are the only person who knows where the symbols are, " Evan cut me off and we went towards the sinkhole in the floor where the statue used to be. I spread my wings and Evan turned off his disc. Then we flew all the way down and we landed safety in Monty golf. "We need to go to the Vanni Network and then we went get to the symbols in seconds, " I said to Evan and he nodded in agreement. I took a deep breath, I haven't been in the Vanni Network for a while. I closed my eyes and then I heard a glitch sound.

Then I opened my eyes and we were in the Vanni Network. " We need to talk to M.X.E.S, they might know the shortcut to the place we are looking for, " I suggested, Evan just shrugged. Of course he did. I went through the digital world. I started to call for M.X.E.S, I wonder where they are.

" M.X.ES, are you there?"

But I heard nothing and Evan is behind me. Then I heard a " Boo, " from behind me and I jumped. Evan went into a defensive mode and tense up. But I knew it was M.X.E.S, " It's just M.X.E.S, they love to scared people, especially humans and bloggers, " I told to Evan and he became less tense. M.X.E.S laughed. " What you got to admit, I.V. It was funny, " they said with russian accent. I rolled my eyes, " They is like a older sibling who likes to prank people. But they almost killed Cassie, I still don't forgive them for that, " I snarled and M.X.E.S just stood there or hover there? Because they has no legs?

I sighed, " We need to get to the room with the symbols on the walls with a shortcut, " I gritted my teeth and they looked at me. " The only way is the long way, kid. But if you want to teleport you could, " they explained to me, I guess we will have to teleport there, then. " We will teleport to the room , " I took the other idea. " Very well, I will go back to patrolling the area, " Then they left and we teleported around the Vanni Network to find that room.

When we did, I started to get memories. " Can we hurry this thing up, Evan?" I demanded, I do not want to spend another minute here because of memories." Sure, are you okay?" Evan asked as he took the photos he need to show to his father. " Y-yeah, just memories of this room, " I answered, I remembered the screams, the pain and the suffering here. When we were experimented on, this place was part of the plex, well, below it.

" This was the room you were experimented on, right?" Evan asked to me and I looked at me. I nodded, " This is why I never loved this place, I remembered everything about what they did to me and Fable. We were kids and they didn't stop hurting us. Until we met Delphine, she was our caretaker scientist, her job was to distract us. But she didn't want us to get hurt, so she made a plan to get us out. But before she came, I had an energy burst once and the marks appeared on the walls and I nearly killed Fable that time, " I told to him.

Evan pulled me into an embrace and started to comfort me. " It's okay, that was a long time ago. Those people are dead now, let's get out of here and get some lunch."