05

FIRST DAY

I had some knowledge about chemistry and remember, no, I learned most of the basics at my other school

I had some knowledge about chemistry and remember, no, I learned most of the basics at my other school. It calmed me knowing that I was ahead of the lesson that was being taught this week. I took multiple sips out of my water bottle. I don't know why I've been feeling like shit today. I guess my nightmare fucked me up. I scribbled in my notebook as the teacher spoke and wrote on the board.
"Hey." I heard but kept my eyes on the sheet, scribbling numbers.
"Hey new girl." I didn't realize it was directed to me but I guess it is.
I look over at the guy next to me.
"Hi." I respond.
"Was that Scott that dropped you off?"
Before I answered the feedback from the speaker system went off and we heard the principals voice.
"Ahem Attention Beacon Hills High, I have some sad news. It has been confirmed that a student Jackson Whittemore has unfortunately suffered an accident at a bonfire party last night and has passed. Counseling is available for students who are grieving. Please let's give Jackson a moment of silence."
I look back over to the guy next to me and he looks shocked. After a couple minutes the principal came back on.
"Thank you, you may proceed."
The whole class erupted into whispers, one girls started crying and ran out of the class.
"Did you know him?" I asked.
"Um yeah a little." He replied.
"Not very well." He shook his head.
"Oh, I'm sorry."
It was quiet for a little while the teacher resumed and he scoots his desk closer to mine.
"Scott hasn't been responding to me this morning, I'm assuming he's tasked with showing you around?" He questioned.
I nod my head.
"Oh I'm Stiles by the way."
My head began to hurt, Stiles kept talking but my listening went in and out. Absolutely everything he said went through one ear and out the other.
"And I have study hall after this, I can show you to next class if" and then he sounded underwater again.
"I need to use the bathroom." I say before getting up and speed walking out of the class. I rush down the hall and turn right, having no clue where anything is.
I pull out my phone from my pocket and call Jason. He answers almost immediately.
"Mija I know I said call whenever but its nine am." He sounded groggy and tired.
I missed his voice I missed him, I missed my dad and his voice and his hugs. My headache kept growing and tears filled my eyes.
"Jay tengo miedo." My voice croaked as tears fell.
"What happened? I'll go and drive to you right now." I hear shuffling from the phone.
"No I just. It's hard, everything's different. I got a nightmare and I couldn't even remember to breath today. Everything hurts." I wipe the tears off of my cheeks with the sleeve of my sweater.
"This doesn't sound like you, you've never had bad dreams. You know Javi wants you happy I know it's hard. What helps me is watching videos of him and you, it makes me happy and I forget to be sad for a moment."
I hear footsteps walking towards me so I look at my phone.
"I've got to go, love you." I whisper before hanging up and turning around.
It was Stiles holding my bag.
"Class ends in one minute so I thought I'd bring you your stuff. I also saw you went the opposite direction of the nearest bathroom." He explained while holding out my bag.
I grabbed it and swung the strap around my shoulder.
"Thank you." I sniffled.
"You're crying, are you okay?" He stepped closer but I step back.
"I'm fine." The bell rings and all the doors open, I turn around and walk away, just to slam into someone.
"Oh my fucking god watch where you're going." I got pushed back and my bag fell.
"Are you okay?" Stiles runs over to help me but I squirm away from him and he steps away.
I reach down to grab my bag and look up at a red head preppy girl. She looked like the standard mean girl bitch in every movie.
"Oh my fucking god can you not stand in the middle of the hallway?" I spat at her, pushing her back, she slammed into the lockers and gasped, her two friends rushing to comfort her.
I then made my way towards the front of the school where I am to meet Scott after every class.
Usually he's here already and usually Stiles isn't hiding behind his locker and watching me from down the hall.
I pretend not to notice but only having one more minute to get to my next class, I decided to walk over to him.
He hurriedly buries his head in his locker as soon as he saw me walking his way.
"Stiles." I clear my throat but he keeps fake looking for something in his locker.
"Stiles." I nudge his shoulder and he peaks out of the side of the locker door.
"Oh hey! Didn't see you there." He closes his locker and awkward tries to lean on it but gives up.
A smile grew on my face but I force it down.
"Where's Scott?" I ask slightly tilting my head.